Chapter 6

I hope you're having a wonderful day 🥰 enjoy the reading 📖😘
And stay home guys, stay healthy!

I hope you're having a wonderful day 🥰 enjoy the reading 📖😘 And stay home guys, stay healthy!

There was hope before. Just a tiny flicker against the wind. With the open eyes of a child I reached out, fingers extended.

In that moment he had a choice of kindness or cruelty. It took no time at all for him to decide.

Despite everything he had done in the past, I came back to ask for help. Me. Who never depended on anybody, came begging for help the one person who had hurt me the most.

Had I not let him into my life, I wouldn't have felt that pain of his betrayal. Had I not opened up to him, I would have seen him as all the others who were involved in my brother's murder.

But I did let him in. That's why it was so hard to handle it all.

And now he rejected me, humiliated me. The fact that we had an intimate relationship in the past gave him no right to act this way with me now.

His words cut deep into my soul. He saw that dying ember inside me and brought the winds to a cold howl. Why was he so different now? How could he see the suffering and choose to make it all the worse?

He's not different. This was his true face all along, you were just too stupid to see it.

Pain. That's what I felt. It left me immobilized. The pain prevented me from uttering a whimper, let alone a syllable. And once again, it was all because of him. Diego.

Where else could I go and ask for help? Was it so wrong of me trying to protect my own child?

I was so occupied with my thoughts that my actions were more automatic as I grabbed all the groceries from the backseat of my car and entered the house.

This house, this prison, the pit that had become my world. Though I knew there was light at the top, it felt a million miles away and, were it not for Arwen being down here with me, I probably wouldn't even try to get out anymore.

I was tired.

Every time I reached out with love to someone up there, someone I hoped could throw a rope, the floor sank a little lower, jolting my body as it stopped - crushing me with a new pain, another abandonment, another betrayal.

Perhaps now was the time to realize it wasn't us I was supposed to get out. It was only her. I could get her out, even if it was the last thing to do, I was going to get her out.

Because that's how I knew I could love like I was born to, that I could put another first even when my winter was at its darkest. Because maybe, her life would be safer without me in it.

No! Don't you dare to think like that! Arwen is going to grow up by your side! Both of you are gonna get out of here!

"Ma'am?" Zoey's voice came from behind me. "Are you okay?"