01.

RAYNA

RAYNA

OK , So I lied . Not everyone needs to know that I help women kill their abusive husbands as a part time job. So when Eli asked me , where i got the money to buy him the books on historical architecture he wanted , I told him that i started selling healing herbs on the side . It's not like he know's anything about witchcraft or healing other than the things I have told him , anyway . 

 As I was closing up my shop ,Ezra trudged in after a long day at the carpentry shop he works in , I'm surprised he didn't go home directly to sleep without showering like he usually does.

"Ray , we have a problem ."

" NO . You have a problem and I have an idiot who keeps getting into one ."

Putting away Mama's old book on witchcraft that i spent a month learning . I picked the new one I bought last week . Zehra's husband had started threatening her son's life after he realised she was becoming more and more tolerant , after each night's beating session after he got mindlessly drunk.Threatening her son was were she drew the line and came to me for 'help'. The 'help ' was a colour less , tasteless liquid called AQUA TOFANA  made of arsenic , lead and belladonna . I'm pretty sure she followed the instructions word by word  because the week after he was found dead in his bed after  dinner . And his family and neighbours bought his body to me to find the cause of death.       Being the town's apothecary had it's own benefits . And from the consultation fee and price of the 'special ' liquid I sold her . I secured enough to buy new books on witchcraft , which I am going to spend another whole month studying by heart . 

"Rayna , âbji , We don't have  time for jokes right now ."

He rarely addressed me in Farsi ,  but when he did  I knew  something was up . I scanned his face carefully for any hint to his thought's . He looked like he had seen a ghost . I could feel my heart beating like it was trying to escape my chest , so hard , so fast.

I folded my arm's and faced him , bracing myself for the  news we've been dreading the past few month's.

"They're coming . It's our turn now ."

A chill went up my spine . It felt like my shop didn't  have enough oxygen for the both of us .But what I felt didn't matter . I am the eldest sister and I am their care giver . I couldn't show any sign of fear or anxiety lest it may manifest on  my brother's.

I closed the shop and started walking back home with Ezra behind me. 

"If they find us they are going to separate us , Ray"

"Yeah , I know ." 

My eye's stung .I walked faster.

"You are a witch. They are gonna kill you."

"Obviously"

He walked faster to keep up with me.

" RAY " he yelled , " say something .

" You and Eli are gonna be fine . You are 19 and Eli's turning 17 . Both of you have the occupational skills and enough street smart's to survive without me. Both of you are human.      They are gonna take you to the palace and decide whether you are fit enough for feeding or labour . You have our mother's blood in you ,so they won't find you suitable for feeding. They'll chose both of you for labour . Vampire's are not allowed to kill human's , Ezra . I thought you knew that."

"It's not me or Eli I'm concerned about . I thought YOU knew that. Vampire's may not be allowed to kill human's but werewolves are finding witches and killing them left and right . Are you not scared at all ? Me and Eli are not leaving you to die."

We had reached home and  I remained silent as Ezra knocked on the door and Eli opened it for us.He took one look at our faces and he turned pale like our mother used to . He knew . There was nothing to say , we all were aware of the threat for months.

"We need to leave . Eli , go pack . We have to go somewhere they wont find us , Ray"

"dâdâš, they'll find us anyway.You know about the terms of the alliance , Ezra, the vampires get the humans and the werewolves get the witches . They won't stop until they find the last of us. You guy's are going to survive this . Please don't worry about me. I WILL FIND A WAY TO COME BACK TO BOTH OF YOU , EVEN IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO . I GIVE YOU MY WORD ."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------

Hello Beautiful people!

Anything I write has happened before in  the history of the world or is happening right now. I just use fictional characters ,creatures and species to make it interesting and tangible.Anyways , I really hoped you liked the book so far. I have a lot of ideas .Please feel free to point out any error's or corrections . I haven't had a chance to edit it yet.

Your's always.