Chapter 9

Clementine's POV

We went in and walked to our cell. We sat down on Carl's bunk until Rick told us to go to sleep. I climbed up to my bunk and went to sleep almost instantly. The next morning I got up and walked to the cafeteria and got something to eat. I waited and waited until finally Carl came out. He was smiling about something. "Whats wrong with you?" I asked. "Nothing," he responded. He walked over and kissed me before sitting down next to me. I waited for him to finish eating then we walked to the guard tower. He picked up his bag and was looking for something. Wonder what made him so happy this morning. He pulled something out of his bag. It was a little black box. He got down on one knee and I immediately felt tears run down my face. "Clementine, you are the best thing thats ever happened to me. Will you mar-" "Yes!" I yelled before he could finish. He pulled me in and kissed me. Maybe that was the reason he was smiling. All I know is that now we were both smiling like idiots. Then Beth opened the gate. "AWW! You finally asked!" "Beth have you been here this whole time?" Carl asked. "Yeah." He put the ring on my finger and I ran down to show everyone else. Carl and Beth talked for a while then he walked down and found me.