Chapter 1

-:•✰•:-

"Hermoine, you look exhausted," came a voice from behind Hermoine, the following having been bent over a textbook for hours.

"I'm perfect fine Ron, it's noting I cannot handle," the stubborn girl replied to her friend. She loved him, really, but he tended to become controlling and try to stop her from doing things. Hermoine knew he was just trying to look out for her but she had been taking these classes for almost three years now, since 3rd year (and it was now 5th year), and had always managed.

"You're working yourself to the core you need to take a break. You look terrible and I can't imagine how tired you must be. Not to mention the fact that... well you know," the red haired boy trailed off, alluding to the incident that had only happened last week.

"Ron, death happens, it will continue to happen, it does me no good to think about Sirius Black," but she wasn't saying the full truth. In reality, she was heartbroken by the loss of the man. Of course Harry was the worst off, but Hermoine couldn't help but feel sad about the man.

She couldn't place exactly why it affected her the way it did, they were never exactly close, never shared more than a few conversations or a shared meal between the two every once and while (usually cooked by Hermoine herself since the grown man had never learned to cook). But it hurt knowing that the kind and charming man had passed away. Hermoine had purposefully thrown herself into her studies, trying to ignore the sadness that accompanied thoughts about Sirius. In a way Ron was right, it was tiring living 38 hour days while others only lived 24, but it suited her well. Her drive was what pushed her, so she would never admit how overwhelmed she was beginning to feel.

"It happened last week, Harry is still locked in our dorm, you've seen Fred and George sulking around, Ginny liked him too and she's cried to me three times in the last 5 days. It's not normal for you to ignore your feelings. You're just going to end up worse off than you were before," with that, Ron left the common room, and Hermoine chose to ignore him and go back to reading. Three more hours had passed before Hermoine finally decided to trudge up to bed, looking at a clock she discovered it was now 4 am, and she had classes at 8 am. Quickly thinking, she sleepily turned the time turner back a couple hours in order to get enough sleep before climbing into her bed and falling quickly asleep.

Author's Note: I'll be 100% will you guys, idk how the time turner works but I loved this idea so I'm kind of just making this up.... sorry about that

Hermoine could feel the sunlight shining in through the curtains of her dorm, causing her face to be warm

Hermoine could feel the sunlight shining in through the curtains of her dorm, causing her face to be warm. Stirring slightly to wake herself up, she heard voices in her dorm. It didn't seem unusual, Lavendar and Parvati talked a lot in the late and early hours so normally she wouldn't think twice about it, but these voices were different, unusual.

"What did we do?"

"I don't know."