Chapter 22 - Over the Moon

Start from the beginning

"Then why is it bothering you? Tell me."

"The results came back as normal," I let it out.

"So? Wait. What do you mean?" Hyung gave me a confused look.

"That means that you don't have any mental illness," I bit my lips as I said that.

"Are you lying to me?" He asked frowning now.

"No. I'm telling the truth."

"Then why is it bothering you? I mean, I'm happy for myself. I really am but why are you so bothered by the answer?" He pried.

"I don't know it myself too," I replied honestly. Even though Seungmin hyung didn't seem to be satisfied with my answer, he stopped asking.

"Okay, so, does that mean I get to leave?" Hyung asked, now looking at me with a glint in his eyes.

"I mean, it will take a few days for you to leave but yes, you will be able to leave," I answered.

"Finally. After five years. God," Seungmin hyung exclaimed. Then he smiled in relief. "So when do I get to leave?"

"I will have to go and ask Daniel sunbae for that and if everything went smoothly, I'm sure you would be able to leave by next week," I answered. Another sigh came to me again.

"Okay, stop sighing so much. What is it that it is bothering you so bad?" Seungmin hyung asked looking really concerned.

"It's nothing, hyung," I said avoiding his gaze.

"It clearly is something, Jeongin since you are so bothered by it. Why?" He asked.

"Don't think too much about it. It's really nothing," I insisted weakly.

"I will let this go for now but- just so you know, if you want to talk about that, or anything, I will listen to you," Seungmin hyung said solemnly and I nodded.

"I really need to go now. Bye hyung," I said softly.

"Why? Isn't it too soon?" Seungmin hyung asked, glancing at the clock.

"Yes, but I have some work I really need to do," I lied with a tight smile.

"Can't you do it later?" Seungmin hyung asked me with a pout.

I felt my heart tug at his pout. I did not have any work to do but I said that because I felt like I needed time to get this through my head.

"No, this is somewhat an emergency and I need to do it immediately," I muttered, looking away from him.

"I mean, if it's really important, but I still want to spend some more time with you," Seungmin hyung mumbled, picking his nails.

"Tomorrow, hyung," I said before leaving.

Day 44

"Daniel sunbae," I called as I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He called back and I went in.

"Oh, hey, it's you. What do you need?" He asked with a bright smile on his face.

I bit my lip and just slid Seungmin hyung's results across the table.

"What is this?" Daniel sunbae asked with a frown as he took the results and started flipping through it.

"Oh, wow. Are these Seungmin's results?" He asked as he kept his eyes on the papers.

"Yes," I answered.

"When?" He asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Around a week ago," I replied.