"Hey," Harry said, jogging towards you. 

You opened your eyes as soon as you heard his voice. You felt tears sting your eyesight and you didn't know what was happening. "I-I'm scared," was all you could manage to say before choking in your sobs. Harry didn't know what to do but his natural instinct was to wrap his arms around you. You froze and you buried your head into his chest. You sobbed, feeling the urge to yell and shout whatever it is in your mind. "Harry... Why is this happening?!"

"That's what happens when you wear the locket, y/n. I'm surprised you fought it for that long," Harry replied, putting his hand behind your head. He couldn't deny his instinct to protect you but he didn't know why he felt that towards you. 

"What can I say? I'm a strong woman," you replied, wiping the tears off from your face. You swallowed hard and the urge subsided slowly. You pressed on your face, feeling relaxed as you felt ease with the pressure.

He rested his hands on your shoulders and said, "You are and don't doubt it for a second. Come in, we made a decision already." 

You sniffed and wiped some more tears. Tempting to punch the tree, you turned stiffly back to the tent. You thanked yourself because that would've been a horrible idea if you did do it. You smiled at him from time to time and finally headed back to shelter. 

"Y/n, are you alright?" Hermione said, heading out of the tent to walk towards you. "We made a plan and it is this: Harry and I are going to stay here while you and Ron go outside. We decided it is best since you are more cautious and Ron has fast reflexes. Harry and I can analyze better so it is for us to stay. Is that alright with you?" She caressed your face, wiping the tears away, and showed how much she cared for you. You smiled and put your hand over hers. 

"Thank you Hermione but I am alright. Harry reminded me of who I am so I am sure I can get through this," you said, turning towards him. He pushed the comment aside modestly and you turned back to look at your best friend. "Besides, you guys make an excellent team. I'll go with Ron and maybe we can hunt in the woods for food," you said, grinning at Ron. 

"That sounds... badass," Ron replied, smiling. He crossed his arms over his chest and let out a soft chuckle. 

"Right? Ron Weasley and Y/n Y/l/n, running in the woods, carrying a stick, trying to run faster to spear it at a rabbit. Then we will come back here and cook it. What do you say?" You explained, motioning to Ron to get his things. 

"That we will finally have real meat for once in a few months," Ron replied, picking up the bag he already packed, rubbing his hands together with a smile. 

"Affirmative, who knew that I will turn into a vegetarian for coming into this mission with all of you," you said, grinning at Harry, "I am a meat enthusiast you know." 

"Oh, I know," Harry said, squinting his eyes teasingly. "You wouldn't stop blabbering when we had to eat lambchops in lunch for a week because the elves couldn't get some food."

"Yes, we all know the great sacrifice that you did, Y/n. We thank you for it but you and Ron should really get going," Hermione said, gesturing towards the exit.

"Just can't wait to get rid of us," you said, grabbing your own bag. Hermione laughed and Ron has walked to the exit. You kissed Hermione on the cheek and stood in front of Harry. You didn't know what to do at this point as you had mixed feelings towards him. You decided to embrace him in a hug and he hugged you back. "Don't miss me too much, Harry." 

"Wasn't planning to," he teased, letting you go. 

"Yeah, whatever," you said, as you exited the tent, hearing the laughs of your friends behind you. You walked next to Ron, and the both of you walked in silence for a couple of moments, staring at the yards of trees around the both of you. You still had the locket on your neck as you were the only one who can handle it better than anyone. But, you still had your bad moments, like everyone does. It's just easy to let the locket run with your emotions but you always guarded them, not even the locket could get inside for too long. 

"What do you think we should explore first?" Ron asked, stopping a little to look in all directions. He put his hand over his eyebrows, shielding himself from the sun that was slowly starting to set. You followed his gaze and everywhere you turned, there were piles and piles of snow. You shrugged your shoulders and asked, "Don't know. Where do you recommend?" 

"I can't choose," he said, cleaning his hands with his pants. He shook his hands in the air, in an attempt to loosen his nerves. 

An idea went through your mind and it was childish and ridiculous; it was perfect. "I am going to spin you and you have to close your eyes. You get to choose when to stop and whichever direction you stop at, we go there," you explained.

He liked the idea and closed his eyes instantly. You grabbed his arms as he spun a couple of times. He had this grin on his face that looked blurry to you as he kept on spinning and spinning. You stepped back once and a couple of seconds later, he stopped and he faced to the right of you. He opened his eyes and you turned to look at where it was you both were destined to go. 

"That settles it, we are going that way," he said, tightening the strap on his shoulder. 

You looked at where it was and you couldn't help but notice how dark it was there. The trees were drawn together and the snow weighed the branches down. You heard a couple of birds croak down there and you turned to look at Ron worriedly. "I guess it has to be this way. It has to be destiny," you said worriedly. 

"Let's go before I regret this," Ron said, walking to the depths of the forest. 

"Don't say I didn't warn you because it looks pretty scary," you said, following him, moving your head around everywhere in fear of something that can appear out of nowhere. 

"Well, we don't know what awaits," he replied, holding a branch up for you to walk behind him.

"That's the scary part," you replied, following a long croak of a crow.