"Ready?" I asked as Sam smiled at me. "Yeah. Proud of you, man." He said then clapped his hand on my back. "Thanks, dude." I said then walked out to the car.

It felt good to be getting out of the house but there was still a nagging feeling in my heart that I needed to get on a plane and find Violet. I had to push those feelings down though because I loved her and wanted to respect her wishes.

She just needed some space. Then she would hopefully come back to me.

We decided to get Tender Greens since it had been a really long time since I had gotten it. We got it to go though so we could eat it in the park.

"So, how have you been feeling?" Kat asked as we sat on the grass and ate. "Today's been okay. I just feel so bad and like my heart isn't in my chest. I haven't felt this way in a long ass time." I said then took a bite of my salad.

"I know, I think everything is gonna be okay. She said she's coming back in a couple days, then you can talk and make up and we'll be back to sappy romantic Colby." Kat said causing me to laugh. "That's what you think of me?" I asked, pretending to be offended.

"Yes." Sam and Kat said at the same time. "Well, damn. Guess I'll never fall in love again." I said then threw a piece of kale at Kat. "Colby!" She scolded then pulled the kale out of her hair and threw it back at me.

"Children!" Sam yelled with a laugh. "Sorry, daddy" I said and winked causing Kat to burst into laughter. It felt good being able to laugh with friends again.

It was the total opposite of the wet blanket personality that I have been having.

After our little picnic we decided to walk around the park. I tried to keep my mind off of Violet but literally everything reminded me of her.

The swing set reminded me of when we first met and how undeniable our attraction to eachother was. There was a couple that was dancing and kissing as the sun set around us, reminding me of all the adventures and dates we would go on.

I just really fucking missed her.

It felt dumb, considering she's been gone for less than a week but I wanted nothing more than to be able to explain to her in person how much I loved her.

I knew she knew that, but I wanted to tell her every minute of every day until she fully believed it.

That could take years though at this point.

"Earth to Colby!" Kat yelled and waved his hand in my face as I stared at the happy couple. "Sorry." I mumbled then looked away.

"We want icecream, are you down?" Sam asked as I checked my phone, hoping to see a text from Violet. "Uh..yeah that's fine." I said then smiled and put my phone away.

"Thanks for letting me crash your date." I said as we walked back to the car. "You didn't crash. We like having you join." Kat said and nudged my shoulder with hers.

We got in the car then grabbed some icecream and made our way back home. I had to admit that I was already exhausted since this was the most physical thing I have done in the past couple days.

Maybe working out would help keep my mind off of everything. I have been so good about being in shape and building my muscles up, I couldn't let a heartbreak stray me from my goals.

When we got back to the house I put my icecream in the fridge then got changed into my workout clothes. "I'm gonna go work out." I told Sam as I jogged out to the garage which we made into a personal gym. "Alright, have fun!" He called out.

When I got to the garage I turned my music on and zoned out, letting the music distract me.

I could already feel the endorphins flooding my system as I started my workout.

I stopped halfway through and took a mirror pic, making sure that my muscles were showing. I loved going on Twitter after posting a picture like this to watch everyone's reactions. It was always so funny and would lighten my mood usually.

I continued working out until Sam came into the gym. "Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Violet answered." He said causing my heart to skip a beat. "What did she say? Is she okay?" I asked, probably a little too eagerly.

"She's fine. She's actually in Colorado now with Ki. They'll be back here in a couple days." He said as my heart raced. "That's good!" I said, feeling hopeful.

"Yeah..." Sam said, making me suspicious. He was definitely hiding something. "What is it?" I asked causing him to shake his head. "Don't worry about it." He said then patted my shoulder.

"You're looking good, man. Proud of you." He said then walked out of the room.

My mind started to race again, wondering what he was hiding. He would have told me if it was serious, right?

It didn't matter.

He was still hiding something.