"Fine. I will leave. You won't have to see this ugly face standing outside your door every day. You don't have to get angry seeing me...But...just let me tell you, your highness...I have loved you and will always love you. It's fine if you don't know...but I can't go on like this anymore. Your hatred kills me every day...it's better if I end it forever. Goodbye, your highness...I...I am sorry for interfering"

Harold refused to look at her, Charlie tightly held Anna's hand for support while Eva was thrashing in Daniel's arm.

"No...mom wait!"

Claire just gave Eva a small smile. Something she never did all her life.

"I am sorry"
Was the only thing she mouthed as she turned to leave, her eyes stopping on Harold to see if he stopped her.

On seeing him ignoring her, she took a deep breath and excited the threshold.
For once in life, she was sure of what she was going to do next.

Her steps faltering and tears blurring her eyes.

On the other hand, Eva pleaded her dad to stop her.

"Dad! Please stop her! Didn't you see her! She needs you dad! Hasn't she suffered a lot already?"

Harold looked at his daughter, his eyes softening.
Turning his back, he was going to leave when the guard stepped in.

Worry evident in his voice.

"Your majesty! The lady....she is standing on the road...she is refusing to move aside"

Harold's heart felt heavy all of a sudden.
The thought of losing her, making worry to be evident on his features.

His steps rushing outside, to be followed with hasty steps of everyone else.
Their eyes widened when they reached the main doors.

There she stood in the centre of the road welcoming death.

Her eyes closed as she welcomed the car coming towards her at very high speed.

Harold knew then and there, she will not be moving.
She was surrendering to death, the very next minute.

He couldn't stop himself, but the question remained.
If he could save her on time?

"Claire!"

"Mom!"

They managed to shout but she was oblivious.
Death, being the only oblivion she wished to dive into.

The loud honk of the car was heard, her fists tightening in anticipation.
While Harold rushed to her, scared of losing her forever.

"Dad!"

Eva screamed, seeing her father stand in front of death, to protect Claire.
Her eyes widening at the thought of losing both her father and mother.

He held her waist and pulled her to the safety of his arms.
Not afraid of facing death himself.

Everyone had their hearts throbbing in their chests.

But then the driver drifted the car and it came to a halting stop.
Screeching sound of tires and clouds of smoke engulfing the silent road.

Everything stopped.
Except for the thumping of everyone's heart.

Harold held Claire safely in his arms as she cried with all the regret and pain she had in her heart.
Her grip on Harold tightened, not believing that after everything she did, he still stepped forward to save her.

"Are you fine?"

Harold asked with concern all evident on his face.
To which Claire just nodded, enjoying the bliss of his warm embrace.