Chapter 20 - The Caller

Start from the beginning

Detective Hyousuke: No... That's all we know so far...

Sakusa: Okay... You can go back to your work now, Detective Hyousuke...

Detective Hyousuke: ... I understand... I'll update you if we get anything new... *leaves the room*

Sakusa: *goes back to his bed* *breathes even heavier*

He is so worried about Atsumu but there's literally nothing he can do.

He hates this.

He hates uncertain situations.

He hates not knowing things.

He hates not being in control of the situation.

He hates relying on others all the time.

He hates feeling so helpless.

He hates the guys who did this to Atsumu.

He hates the world.

But most of all... he hates himself for being such a useless boyfriend.

Sakusa has never been too good with sudden changes and everything in his life seemed to change 180° in a blink of an eye.

But when he actually waits for progress, everything seems to go at a snails' pace.

He doesn't know how much longer he can stand being in this situation.

What if all of these last for months?

What if they never find Atsumu at all?

What he'll never get to see Atsumu ever again?

All of these worry, guilt, and anger just keeps adding pressure to his body and it feels like his head is on the verge of exploding.

He grabs the pillow on top of his bed, squeezes it tight to his face, and screams as loud as he can.

Sakusa: *muffled sound* ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Sakusa: *punches his pillow with both hands alternately as hard as he can like he's beating up the bastards*

Sakusa: *smashes the pillow to the ground and steps on it with his feet over and over*

Sakusa: DIEEE... DIEEE YOU FILTHY PIGS, DIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

After three minutes
Sakusa: DIEEEEE!!!! *kicks* DIEEEEE *steps* DIEEEE!!! *kicks* *kicks* DIEEEE!!!! *steps* *steps* *steps* DIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEEEEEE!!!! JUST FUCKING DIEEEEE!!! JUST FUCKING-.... JUST FUCKING...... fucking....... fucking...... fucking... forgive me Atsumu..... *tears pouring out of his eyes*

Sakusa: Please...forgive me....

•••••
The next day (technically it's still the same day since the previous scene happened past midnight, but you know what I mean)

It's the day when the HIV test result comes out, which also happens to be a national holiday so students don't go to school.

Atsumu: *rushes to Osamu's car*

Mom: *follows Atsumu cause she's holding his infuse water* Son, it's okay to be scared... I'm scared too, but we'll go through this together... I'll always be here for-

Atsumu: Let's just get his over with quickly, Mom...

Mom: Tsumu, you don't need to rush this so mu-

Atsumu: ...before I lose my gut to see the result

Mom: *pauses* Okay...

Inside the house