•Meeting•

𐀔

"Everyone's here? Alright then, we will begin the subject of our meeting—captain of the third division—Gin Ichimaru!"

Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto announces, the captain of the first division squad, from across the room. His aged body sitting on a wooden chair that acts similar to a throne.

The fox eyes captain walks inside the meeting room with an ear-to-ear smile.

"What's going on? Is it truly that serious—to call everyone here?"

"Captains from around the Soul Society, did you come here—for little o'l me~?"

"Why else would you think we are all here—to gossip? Surely, we aren't here to waste our time."

You, the captain of the fourteenth division squad, smiled brightly at the man, with your signature (favorite color) butterfly hair clips pinned on both sides of your head and butterfly haori layering your captains haori.

"I thought you were hacking up a bucket of blood yesterday? Are you sure you should be out of bed, captain Kocho?"

A vein pops out from corner of your forehead as you suppressed the urge to make a snarky comment about him failing to get rid of the Ryokas'.

Gin, who notices your annoyed expression, looks at the empty spot beside you and decides to change the subject.

"What's this? The captain of the thirteenth division isn't here. What happened?"

"He was called in sick."

Tōsen Kaname, the captain of the ninth division, responded.

"He's not healed yet? Good luck to him—"

"Stop wasting time. No one came here for chit-chat! I heard that you went to deal with a bunch of Ryoka's out of your jurisdiction, and worse yet, you failed to eliminate them, why is that?"

Kenpachi Zaraki claimed, the captain of the eleventh division as he narrowed his eyes down at Gin who sheepishly scratched his head.

"Really? I thought I had taken care of him? Are my senses growing dull?"

"Stop this foolish nonsense. It is impossible for a captain unable to detect if their opponent has been exterminated—can it be you deliberately lost, and blamed it on your carelessness?"

Mayuri Kurotsuchi, the captain of the twelfth division and head of the Soul Reapers' Research and development, hissed.

"There we go again—old men and their pointless argument—what a pain."

Toshirō Hitsugaya, the youngest captain in the room and the captain of the tenth squad, sighed in disappointment as his superiors are fighting amongst themselves.

"Oh my, are you accusing me of deliberately letting them go?"

"Correct."

"Shut it, Kurotsuchi. I was asking first, so buzz off! But keep talking and I'll have to kill you."

"Stop it, both of you!"

Yamamoto's loud voice echoed through the meeting room, successfully stopping the fight and maintaining all of your professionalism.

"Now let's see—have you been informed of the reason why you were summoned?"

"You acted without permission, and you failed to capture your target. That is unusual for a captain! I would like to hear your explanation. That is the reason we are here today."

"So—do you have anything to say, Ichimaru?"

𐀔