Chapter 18: Human Day

Depuis le début

Bex sighed and plopped down on the bed next to Lyssa.

Lyssa stirred in her sleep, turning over in bed.

Bex's head shot up.

"Lyssa! Lyssa wake up!" she shook her even more.

"Emm," Lyssa complained.

"Wake up now!" Bex continued to shake her.

"What!? What is it, Rebecca?" Lyssa's eyes shot open, she glared at Bex in grumpiness.

"Oh thank god, I thought you were dead," Bex tackled Lyssa in a hug.

"Dead?"

"Lyssa you fell asleep," Bex pulled back.

"I did? I did!" Lyssa sat up with a start.

"How is that even possible?" Bex asked.

"I... I'm not sure."

Lyssa pulled herself out of bed and stood in all her naked glory. That's when Bex noticed all of Lyssa's scars had shrunk in size considerably, some even vanished completely. She too got up and walked over to Lyssa.

"Lyssa your scars," Bex pointed out.

Lyssa strode over to the mirror and inspected herself.

She felt great, better than great. She felt alive. Her cheeks were flush with what looked to be pumping blood. Her eyes sparkled as they had many years ago. She felt amazing, she felt human.

A small bubble of laughter escaped Lyssa's lips.

"Lyssa?"

"Oh, Rebecca. I feel fantastic. I feel me again. I feel alive!" she grabbed Bex by her arms and whirled her around.

"But that's impossible."

"Who cares. I shall enjoy it while it lasts," Lyssa giggled in glee.

"Lyssa I'm scared."

"Don't be. This is all thanks to you, I am sure of it," she pulled Bex into her arms.

Bex listened carefully to Lyssa's chest, wanting to hear a heartbeat. And to her surprise, she did. she jolted back.

"Lyssa your heart!" Bex's eyes went wide.

Lyssa moved her hand over her chest and felt for a pulse, she shuddered in glee when she felt one.

"Whatever you did, thank you, Rebecca. Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me," Lyssa's eyes watered.

"But I didn't do anything."

"Regardless, you are here with me now, experiencing this miracle together. This is all I ever wanted. Thank you, I love you," She pulled Bex into her arms and kissed.

Love!

Bex's eyes went wider as she kissed Lyssa.

"L-love?" Bex quickly pushed Lyssa away.

"I do Rebecca, I love you," Lyssa kissed her again.

"Okay, I think you need to take me home," Bex pulled away.

"No, stay here with me. Please," Lyssa begged.

"Lyssa you need to figure out what is happening to you. And I need to get home before my parents call the police."

"No Rebecca, just stay with me. Please," Lyssa gave her a soft vulnerable look.

"Fine," Bex sighed.

Lyssa grabbed Bex in giddy excitement and quickly kissed her once more. Bex cringed into the kiss.