Im worried. He didn't look injured.

"Its just some breathing problems"

My phone went off again and I eyed the notification seeing it was Yuki again. Hawks sudden coughing drew back my attention, "You are coughing pretty hard there"

"I-its fine. I'll be fine" he smiled pocketing something

"If you say so"

"How have you been? Living the single life still?" He leaned on his hand on the table

"Yeah, but I've been good. Just living life"

"That's good. I watch your media feed every so often. I honestly thought you and that brunette were dating?"

"Huh? Oh Yuki? No. No I wish" I smiled sadly

"Is he dating someone?"

"Ya, he has been in a relationship for a while. We are just friends"

"Well there are plenty fish in the sea. I'm sure you can find someone equal or better than him"

"You're asking a lot" I laugh

"I mean look at me, I am one of the top 10 Bachelors In Japan"

"Still no girlfriend?" I raise an eyebrow in slight surprise

"Not yet. But I'm working on it"

"I wish I had a boyfriend like you Hawks, you seem like such a sweet guy" (que Hawks mental screaming)

"Im just one of a kind" he sat back with a cocky smile

"So why did you have to visit the ER? What breathing problems do you have?"

"I got hit with a pretty bad quirk. Doc says it should be fine, I have options"

"Take care of yourself. I'd hate for some thing to happen to my good friend" I smiled at him in hopes to comfort.

He wheezed slightly but smiled, "You know what? We should go out somewhere together. I'm free all day today. We can go to the billiards hall, or even just watch some movies at my place"

"I actually have plans later today. Yuki was talking about going to check out the new karaoke place off of 4th"

"You never went to those before?" Hawks eyebrows scrunched

"Yeah" I scratch my head awkwardly, "I started going cause Yuki likes to. I am not much for singing especially infront of all his other friends but its cool"

"Come on kid, just today? Forget about him and come hang with an old friend?"

I take a moment to think on it. I guess hanging with Hawks beats chilling with Yuki and his girlfriend.

"Sure"

Hawks smiled, "There is an amusement park in town I want to check out"

Hawks POV

I couldn't stop smiling going to another ride. I haven't taken time off in forever. Having (Y/N) here with me was the best part. It was finally getting late and I am determined to get on the ferris wheel and watch the final fireworks with her.

She checked her phone as a call came in suddenly. She motioned for me to wait a second answering it.

"Hey Yuki"

I felt my chest tighten. I fight my cough looking to the ferris wheel. The line was gathering. I motion to her in getting in line. Once in line I cover my mouth letting myself cough up what I needed.

My condition is getting worse by the second. I cough and gag up a whole flower. My knees are weak. I feel like I can barely stand so I lean on the line gate to keep upright.

She finally came back absolutely beaming, "Yuki broke up with his girlfriend!"

"T-tha-" I was interupted by a harsh cough. I wheeze through a smile, "That's great"

"Hawks you don't sound Ok. Should we get you to a hospital?"

"Nah, there is nothing they can do" I chuckle

This morning was terrible for me. I was coughing during my patrol and ended up falling out of the sky. They told me it is moving faster than they predicted.

I explained about her and the doctor ended up sitting me down explaining. I have Hanahaki disease. A thing of myth but that quirk i was hit with mocks it. It's the disease of unrequited love. I have 2 options. Make her love me back, or I can get the blooms removed but all feelings for her will disappear forever.

The doctor said that spending time with her could make the effects worse or even grow faster though. So it's a gamble if I want to confess.

Tonight is my chance. I want to confess. At the top of the Farris wheel in the light of the fireworks I want to tell her how I feel.

The line started moving as the ride loaded up. (Y/N) is back to talking about him again. I don't know what she sees in him. My chest hurts to bad and it feels like it's getting harder and harder to breathe. Her words only spur the flowers to grow and bloom.

"I have something I really really need to tell you" I sputter out

She looked at me expectantly. I smile but look frusterated as we stopped facing away from the fireworks.

"Shit, wait the fireworks" I wheeze

"Huh? Yeah they are pretty huh? Too bad they are kinda hard to see through the other cart"

"Kid, I can't waste any more time-" my chest clenched as I wheeze in another breath.

My breath caught making me cough again. It hurts. It hurts so bad. I try to be sneaky about hiding the flowers and pedals but my coughing grew violent. I sputtered out another full bloom. My eyes watered to the point of crying while I coughed adding another to my growing pile.

"Oh my God Hawks are you ok?" She panicked, "You need to get to a hospital now!"

I raise a hand telling her to wait but she didn't take that well

"We need to get off here now. You're coughing up flowers and blood" she panicked more

I finally get enough breath to wheeze, "I love you"

"Hawks this isn't the time! We need to get you to the hospital!"

"It is the time though kid. I lov-" I was thrown into another coughing fit. It's getting so hard to breathe. I'm starting to get lightheaded.

She is starting to cry. What an asshole move on my part. I'm making her cry. I can't breathe anymore. I'm getting lightheaded.

Just one kiss. Thats all I want before I die. An apology for all this...or maybe I'm just selfish and want to kiss her even if it's just once. I press my lips to hers. So sweet. I can barely taste her chapstick. It's better than I could have imagined.

She kissed back making me flinch but melt into the kiss. I could still taste the blood in my mouth but I can't care. I pulled away surprisingly taking a breath.

"Hawks?"

I smile pulling her into a hug, "I love you"

"I...I like you too" she squeaked, "Do we need to go to the hospital?"

I shake my head not wanting to talk realizing just how raw my throat feels from the coughing.

"Hawks...you're way out of my league. Why me"

I sigh pressing my forehead to hers lightly shaking my head, "I love you, I have for a long time" I wince at my throat as it comes out croaky

"I love you too"