"Come on, Beautiful. Let's go." He said with a mild boredom in his tone, his hand gesturing to the assistant, indicating he wished for Elizabeth to lead their follow.

They followed the young woman down the hall to the last office on the right. As soon as they entered they saw Dr. Hamilton sitting behind his desk and reviewing her file in its entirety. "Elizabeth, come in." He said warmly to her. "Beta Mark." He gave a nod. "No Alpha present?" He said looking at the empty hall behind them.

"He's trying to free himself, but sent me as a sub-mate in case he cannot. I get none of the benefits of being a mate, save for the boring side of the relationship." He said with a grin, earning a chuckle from the doctor.

"Fair enough." Dr. Hamilton said before dipping his eyes once more down to the file. "Do tell him, should he not make it, that I expect to see him as well and follow up on his own health."

"I'll try." Mark said, knowing it was unlikely that he would be able to invoke the Alpha to attend an appointment regarding his personal  health.

"Alright, well let's get started." His finger pointing at some scribbled writing at the top page to help focus his eyes. "How are you currently feeling Elizabeth?" The doctor said looking up at her and beginning to start with the same line of questioning she already answered with the assistant.

"I feel fine." She said with a nod. "Just fatigued. I haven't slept well the last couple of nights."

"Can you determine any specific reason for that?" The doctor questioned as he took notes on a separate blank page.

"I'm just restless. Tossing and turning all night. It takes a while to fall asleep but then I wake up and have trouble letting my mind shut down again." She said giving an accurate response but not delving into that she spent her nights wondering about Jason and where he was, deciding that was too personal of a detail to divulge. The doctor nodding along as he recorded her words in short hand.

"Are you experiencing any dark thoughts or thoughts regarding suicide?" Dr. Hamilton followed up with a new question.

"No. Is this routine questioning? She literally asked me the same thing." She said feeling frustrated at having to repeat her answers.

"Perfectly routine." He said making a note on her agitation. The assistant had relayed the information but he wanted to gauge her response for himself. "I see that your arms perfectly healed." He made a small change of topic. "Faster than expected, which is wonderful." A gentle smile registering on his face. "Have you been taking the medications that were prescribed during your hospital stay?"

"I finished the antibiotics." She said, not picking up that he had alluded to more than one.

Mark clearing his throat and garnering the doctors shifted glance as he barely gave a head shake his eyes firm, clearly not happy with the territory the doctor was treading into. Elizabeth too busy watching the pen scribbles on the paper trying to see what he was writing.

"Have you and Alpha Jason been getting along well? I see that you were having some trouble with your transition to Shaded Mountain." Dr. Hamilton ignoring Marks discreet direction, his questioning in alignment with her best interest.

"Why is that in my medical file?" She questioned, feeling it was invasive.

"There were just a few notes made indicating that there were minor signs of distress. I wanted to ensure that your situation has improved. Stress can play a large factor in overall health." His words spoken cautiously in a careful measure as he took note of her defensive questioning.

"We're fine." Jason said briskly walking into the room, his tone deep and firm adding another warning to Marks earlier display. Elizabeth whipping her head around to look at him for the first time in days as Dr. Hamilton provided a polite smile to Jason's lingering stare fixed on his eyes, he not once diverting them over to Elizabeth.