15

It's been weeks after Katsuki took care of you, and to be honest, everything had been sailing just fine, not until today...

"I'm sorry, Kat..." You looked down in your hands, while Katsuki was gritting his teeth tightly.

He was pissed, he felt so defeated. That never in his whole life he would feel something so irritating. A sense of betrayal had struck through his as he watched you with a sad look on your face.

"I can't believe you." Katsuki muttered as he watched his hand also, fondling the cards that he was holding.

"I don't want to us to fight, Kat. But...this...this is just too much for me, too..." Your lower lip trembled so much as you look down, "I'm sorry, Kat."

"Do what you like. I don't have the energy to deal with this anymore." Katsuki sounded dejected as he looked away, while you on the other hand, nodded your head before you did what Katsuki told.

Your eyes flared with excitement as you slammed the +4 UNO card on the table, that was the last card that you had in your hand and at that moment, you beat Katsuki in UNO for almost 7th time today.

"Dammit!" Katsuki pouted angrily before he threw the cards he had in his hands before he pushed the chair back and head towards the room where you two stay.

You placed your hands under your chin aa you stuck your tongue out at him, "Are you angwy, Katsuki?~" you teased, making him look back at you with a glare.

But glares don't work for you, so you were never scared of something petty like that. Katsuki acts like a child sometimes that you felt like you were taking care of an overgrown infant.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes but his lips betrayed him. Because of how much he sounded angry, he was smiling.

The truth was, he didn't even care if he lost the game. He was having fun. In fact, he was having the time of his life that he didn't bother competing. He liked seeing you smile because of him.

His steps were light and he felt so happy that time. As he slumped on the bed, he buried his face under the pillow and under that, he bursted out a large grin.

Did I ever felt like this with Camie?

The moment he realized his feelings for you, everything around Katsuki changed. Katsuki knew that he shouldn't be feeling that way since you had your own life now but he would always thought that maybe just watching you could make him happy too.

But realizing what he really felt for you has its downside too. Because he became more greedier for your attention, too. He didn't intended it but subconsciously, he was his feelings were inclining towards you that he can't help but feel jealous of Sero every time he visits or when you talk to him.

He found it very petty of him and he knows his boundaries, that's why Katsuki had been keeping it in. But the thing is, he also knew that one of these days, he feared that he might blow up for bottling it in.

It's been also a week since he decided to break things off between him and Camie. Camie also agreed to him since she felt like things weren't going so well between her and Katsuki.

She couldn't understand what's the point of going out with him if he can't even communicate with her and Katsuki had apologized for his behavior. But seems like all things ended well with the both of them.

"Hey~ are you still feeling down?" Katsuki felt someone poked his back, which caused him to look around and took the pillow off his face.

Katsuki flinched back after seeing your face was close to him, causing him to smack the back of his head in the wall behind him. A loud thud was made after his head made an impact, causing him to whine as he clutched his head with his both hands.

"Fuck."

"Are you okay? Geez, you could've had a bump on your head!" Katsuki immediately froze the moment he felt your soft hands reaching out to his head and slowly massaging it.

The words in his mouth seemed to melt as soon as he felt your gentle touches. Katsuki loved it. He loved every single thing you do for him. He was so in love at that moment that if only he could stop time, he would.

"Goodness. I just can't believe you. You're such a child!" You nagged at him, but Katsuki could only smile as he looked at your angry face, "I can't believe I am taking care of an overgrown infant like you~"

Cute.

Katsuki can't seem to get enough of how adorable you were, "you're so adorable." he whispered.

"What?" You didn't heard what he said but instead of answering her, you dodged the question by asking her one.

"Why are you here?" Katsuki asked back, while pretending to be angry.

You pouted as you reached over his cheeks, pinching it and stretching them, "argh, you're so grumpy! Still unable to get over with Camie? Cheer up, Bakatsuki~" you grinned.

The truth is, you never knew why Katsuki broke up with Camie. But you did said that you are going to be helping him as he tries to move on, like any other friend does.

But the thing was, Katsuki had already gotten over Camie, but he accepted your offer since he wanted a reason to hang out with you a little longer. The UNO game you suggested and played earlier was to keep Katsuki distracted, but you ended up getting swayed along too.

"Ugh. Stay awaaay." Katsuki groaned as he let you pinch his soft cheeks.

But when he saw you look down with a sad look, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He was confused as to why you looked so sad and maybe frustrated?

"Oi, what's up?" He asked you while he looked at you as if he was eager to hear your answer.

You swallowed the painful lump on your throat as you gathered your courage to admit to Katsuki something. You've been feeling a little nervous for days on how to approach it to Katsuki but today was now or never.

You could never lie to him as you already treated him as your friend but you knew that it's going to be a little sad to bid farewell to him either now that you two are friends even though you used to be exes.

You started to fiddle your thumb together while Katsuki waited for you to say something. Katsuki haven't heard about anything yet but his heart was thumping heavily that he could hear it beat on his ears.

You looked at Katsuki in the eye and stared at his beautiful crimson irises as you took a deep sigh. You turned your gaze away as you closed your eyes. You can't look at him. You felt so guilty and you don't know why.

Katsuki felt his heart break as soon as he heard what you said. It was as if his happiness earlier were short-lived.

You opened your eyes to see what was his reactions were and you were left frozen after seeing Katsuki was staring at you, but tears were cascading down from his cheeks.

"K-Katsuki?"

You were confused, but you also felt your heart ache the moment you saw his crestfallen face. Katsuki's face went pale and unable to register what you just said to him.

Katsuki couldn't get the things you just said off his head that it keeps on ringing in his ears. He felt all the energy he had in his body left him.

The things you said keep on repeating inside of his head as if he was getting hammered by the reality of him not going to be with you. He was stupid for hoping.

Stupid for hoping that you might change your mind and choose him instead. It was stupid, yet that stupidity was his last straw.

"I'm going to move out soon, Katsuki. Sero said I can now move with him, so, I just wanted to let you know that I am thankful for these past months of taking me in. You've been a great friend to me."