Chapter 39: Hellstorm

Start from the beginning

"Ahh...the..bag..." blood poured from her side, and her hands were now stained red. You threw open your bag and found your black coat. It was cleaned recently, and shouldn't infect the wound. At least...you hoped. Horns were blared and a stampede of feet shook the earth. "(Yn)...we need to go..."

"I know that! But I'm not letting you die before we get there!" you cried, wrapping the cloak around her hip. "Can you stand?"

"Y-Yes..." Raphtalia stood up, limped a few steps before dropping to the ground.

"Damn...don't worry, I got you!" You picked her up bridal-style and starting to run.

"Wait you forgot the bag-"

"YOU'RE MORE IMPORTANT!" she was shocked at your answer and recoiled herself to avoid upsetting you. Her eyes rose up and widened in horror.

"(Y-Yn)...they're coming..." she mumbled

"Just focus on holding on tight ok? Raphtalia? Hey, hey don't fall asleep now!" you cried. Raphtalia's vision was blurry. The whole world seemed to be swallowed by darkness. As you ran across the mangled grassland, you were slowed by jumping between piles of gore. Dodging past a giant's head, slipping between piles of goblin corpses, and sliding down a hole full of blood. You heard a stampede of snarls and roars gets closer and closer. You wouldn't be able to make it. Past the battlefield lay 2 statues of gold, and beyond that was a long, wide road that led to the iron mouth of the mountain. But you didn't give up if you just ran fast. Run faster than you've ever ran in your life, then you'd make it.

"(Yn)...it's so...it's so cold..." You felt Raphtaia's grip on you weaken. In tears, you gripped onto her harder and ran faster.

"Just stay with me alright? STAY AWAKE RAPHTALIA!" And then, as you slipped past smoking corpses and bloody flowers, you tripped. You tripped on a disembowelled leg. Raphtalia was thrown forward, her body ragdolling across the battlefield, while you were plunged into an icy-cold bath of blood and mud.

The fight was going well so far. Those new landmines really did pack a punch, and those cannons still shredded greenie flesh as always. Grimgor took a deep breath from his cigar and sighed. The fight was going well so far, but that was just the vanguard. The main force would be following up at the sound and sight of dwarven aircraft. Still, they'd be fine anyhow. Greenies didn't have the tech to properly take down a gyrocopter. He huffed another breath of his cigar and placed it onto an ash-tray. He picked up his radio and surveyed his squad. Everything was going alright on his end. Gunfire erupted in a rhythmic tune; empty clips and magazines were dumped around, and fresh bullets flowed into the chambers. At this rate, the stragglers would be dead. By the order of the High King, not a single greenie was to escape this battle. They'd all pay for what they did.

"This is Grinear Squad. Everything is fine on our end, over" boomed the radio in Grimgor's hand.

"Affirmative. Grimgor Squad, report. Over." commanded the radio.

"Grimgor squad reporting: Everything is alright on our end. My boys are making short work of the greenie bastards. Over." replied Grimgor, nodding at his grinning comrades.

"Affirmative. Dalli Squad, come in. Over" affirmed the voice over the radio. Grimgor set it back down onto the table and let its chatter fill the air.

"Hey, sir, wanna bet on a fuck-up happening?" joked a brown-bearded sharpshooter

"Dulli, when does a fuckup NOT happen?" hearty laughs erupted in the bunker, as bullets whizzed towards screaming goblins. "Say, where's Telgar?"

"Telgar? I think he went for a piss" replied another sharpshooter, with a ginger beard and large earrings.