𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷 - 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚕

Start from the beginning

"Ah, by the way, Y/n, have you decided on your response regarding our talk last time?" Emma mentioned.

"Um, I sincerely apologize, but I think I'll have to decline." I apologized. I wouldn't want to bother them.

"Really?" Emma sighed.

"I believe you and Ms. Sienna are pretty busy. I don't want to impose on you that much." I explained.

"Mom and I don't mind, though...that's what Y/n said, mom." Emma suddenly said to her phone.

"She was listening?!" I gasped. I mean, I had a weird feeling about it, but I found it unlikely.

"Well, I was just about to talk about that, but I don't think forcing Y/n would do us any good." Emma walked out of the room, still talking to her mom on the phone.

"What was that all about?" Ray inquired, walking over to me. Oh, he was listening. I kinda thought he was with Norman.

"My mother is going to be gone for the weekends to go to an event in Tokyo, so it doesn't look like she'll be able to come for a while." I elaborated.

"So, I was offered dinner by Emma and Ms. Sienna. They even suggested staying over at their place since it was apparently dangerous for me to be home alone." I continued.

"But I feel slightly bad, and a little awkward, about the kindness they're offering." I admitted, staring at the ground.

"It's kind of weird, huh? They're being so nice to me and yet, I turned them down like that." I sighed.

"Not...really." Ray hesitantly said. I smiled at him and thanked him for at least thinking it wasn't weird.

"But, I think I can understand Emma and Ms. Sienna's feelings. I think I would want to do the same in that situation." Ray stated.

"I would do the same. Although, I'm sure you're capable of being home alone. It's just that, we care about your well-being." he admitted.

"Ray..." I mumbled. My heart beat erratically in my chest, so hard that I thought it might fly out.

There were butterflies, no, roaring lions, in my chest, but it felt somewhat sweet and lovely...

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Let's go now, Ray!" Norman entered the room, where only Ray and I were.

"Y-Yeah." Ray said, walking away and out of the room with Norman. Just as they left, Emma arrived.

"I got you your favorite drink while it was still available." Emma informed, placing it on my desk.

"Huh? What's wrong, Y/n?" Emma inquired, looking at me in shock. My face feels so hot for some reason.

"I honestly don't know. My face is just kinda flushed, I guess." I admitted, touching my face. It was quite warm.

"Huh?! Your face is bright red! You feeling okay? Did you catch the cold?!" Emma panicked.

I couldn't find my voice. I felt my cheeks turn warm and my stomach was heavy. My heart pounded in my throat, threatening to break out.

"It's pretty...difficult to put into words." I stated, glancing at the ground as I scratched my head.

Why is it that only now I realize how kind Ray really is?

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Everyone, look!"

"The Student Council members!"

"It's the Vice-President with the President!"