18

I'm serving drinks at the bar when frank walks in all depressed. "Shot on the house for your old man?" He asks. I pour it and hold it.

"That will be $4." I say. He gives me a dirty look and hands over the money.

"Why are you working in a bar anyways if you're pregnant?" Frank asks.

"Because some of our credits are fucked because you decided to take out cards in our names." I say.

"Do you know what you're having yet?" Kev asks. I shake my head.

"A boy. I do that glucose test tomorrow." I say.

"You're late tonight, Frank. We close in thirty." Kev says. "Maybe sooner depending on sales."

"I went to see your mom." Frank says.

"She's not my mom, Frank. Never will be." I say. I grab my back and wince.

"I swear to god if this kid doesn't stop kicking me I'm cutting it out myself." I say. I go to lift a chair up but Kev yells at me.

We close soon after and he walks out with me. I get in his truck and he takes me home. Dom is sitting in a chair when I get home. He helps me take my coat off and get ready for bed since I'm to the point I can barely bend down.

——-

Lately I've been glad I'm actually glad I'm having this baby.

We finish up the appointment and leave. We had to walk since his car is fucked. Lip is standing outside smoking a cigarette.

"So team boy or girl?" He says.

"Boy. He's gonna be big." Dom says.

Lip throws the smoke down and walks beside me. "At least you know you won't have to buy a bunch of clothes. Fiona saved Liam's in case. You'll just need new born."

A black car pulls up the wi does are tinted and I know what's about to happen. Lip freezes and so does Dom. The tip of a hun is stuck out the window and shots are fired. Dom shoves me out of the way and into Lip who pulls me around the alley.

I hear the pop of a gunshot and Dom yell in pain. I start sobbing because I know what I'm about to run out to.

I break from Lip's grip and over to Dom as the car peels off. "Oh my god. Baby it's okay. Just stay calm." I cry holding pressure down. Lip is calling 911 as I do so.

"Fuck. It hurts." Dom has tears going down his face.

"You need to stay awake, baby. They'll be here soon." I tell him. He's losing too much blood and we both know it. "What are we going to name this baby? He needs a name." I say.

"Oliver. Ollie for short." He says crying. I sob. He goes unconscious and won't wake back up.

An ambulance pulls up and they take over. They load me into a separate one since I'm pregnant to make sure I'm okay. Lip gets in with me.

"Fiona is meeting us at the hospital. Try to calm down." He says. I shake my head as I feel myself going into a panic attack.

I start not being able to breathe to the point they give me oxygen.

"Seventeen year old girl. Twenty weeks pregnant had panic attack in the field so we gave her oxygen." The paramedic tells the doctor.

"Is this her blood?" She asks.

"No. It's the other victim." He says. Fiona barges in and goes to my side.

"Baby it's okay. I'm here." She says holding my hand. They do an ultra sound and the baby is fine.

"Dom. Is he okay? I need to know if he's okay." I say. Lip goes to find out.

"There's no reason for us to hold you but you need to take it easy from now on." The doctor says and I'm released. I go to Dom's room where he is pale as a ghost on the bed.

I sit next to him and hold his hand. He looks at me. "Hey honey. I'm right here." He squeezes my hand and smiles. "So we have Ollie but what for the middle name?" I ask.

"Alexander. It was my brothers name." He says. I kiss him and the machines go crazy. I'm shoved out of the room and watch as they try to bring him back. After 15 minutes the doctor looks at his watch.

I fall to the floor next to Fiona and cry. I know what he just said.

"Time of death 6:23 pm." He comes out and looks at me knowing he doesn't even need to tell me. Lip picks me up and I sob into his shoulder.