C H A P T E R 2 8

Start from the beginning

"You're amazing." He mumbled into the kiss.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, pulling away slightly.

"You've stood by me no matter what I've done. No matter the decision."

My fingers danced along the side of his face, drawing small circles along the line of his chiseled jaw. Our eyes locked.

"Regardless of the things you do or have done, it's no question for me to stand by you, no matter what. I stand by you because I love you." His eyes glistened, a wall of unbreakable tears shone in the dimly lit room. His arms constricted around me in a vice grip.

"I don't deserve you". His voice was tight.

The affliction in his voice was breaking my heart. "You deserve the world Itachi. And if I can be the one to give you that, then that's all I could ever ask for. "

His face buried in the crook of my neck. The grip he had on my body somehow stiffened even further. He took a shaky breath, "Just as long as I can be the one to offer you the world too".

"Promise?"

"Anything for you." He replied pulling back from my neck after a few minutes of silence.

"Good". I grinned, pressing my lips to his.

My fingers tangled in his hair leading him deeper into the kiss. His lips moved fervently against mine. A soft groan vibrating against his chest, one hand threading into my hair, while the other worked up enough courage to grip my ass. I gasped into the kiss, the sudden caress swelling a need deep inside. His tongue pushing past my lips, thrusting and rubbing impatiently against every crevice.

My leg aimlessly flinging over his hip, pulling his lower half closer. Our bodies pushed desperately against each other. His pelvis thrusting forward in slow calculated motions. My heart almost bubbling out of the bone coffin that encased it.

Our lips separated.

"Shiori," his voice was breathless, chest heaving, a blush dusting over his face. Eyes glossed with an intense and insatiable appetite. The silken sound of my name leaving his mouth tightened the blooming feeling within me. His hands clenched my hips, holding me in place as he ground his growing length against my needy sex. The throbbing pleasure pooling at the pit of my stomach, radiating into my core. The sensation was beyond intoxicating.

My eyes screwed shut, my fingers curling around his bare shoulders. 'The shallowest of movements and he already has me at my breaking point'.

The sound of light pants filled the room as I pushed my core against him. Soft moans escaped me as he met each collision of our hips with earnest intent. In one swift movement, I was on my back, Itachi hovering over me. The hair that was usually tied in a low ponytail behind him was free. Pardoned to fall around his face and over his shoulders. His dominating stare falling back on me. I squirmed under his gaze, becoming suddenly and severely cognizant of how I appeared to him in this position.

A hand brushed against the side of my face, tucking a few stray strands behind my ear.

"You shouldn't exert yourself like this. You are still in recovery". I whispered, biting my lip. My leer lowering from his face, down to where his clothed erection pushed deliciously against my heat.

He chuckled, "You seem distracted." His voice lowered, every word dripping with commanding desire.

My eyes shied away, my head turning to face the wall. The sudden feeling of his hips driving into me sent waves of pleasure searing through my body.

"Itachiii." A pitiful whine chocked from my panting lips.

"Yes?" He taunted, his breath fanning across my neck. Every nerve ending in my body cried for him... begged for him to offer anything more than a fleeting touch.

"Stop teasing, jerk." I coughed trying to take control over my own body.

"Seeing you like this is more captivating." He murmured with a smirk.

My breathing grew ragged, my body quaked, the muscles in my thighs twitching in anticipation of the mistreatment to come. My legs clamped around his waist, tugging him closer.

A dark chuckle sounded throughout the room. "Eager are we?" He gasped against my neck, his fingers lacing with mine, pinning them against the plush mattress.

"It's not fair," I whined.

"What isn't fair?"

A frustrated groan vibrated through my chest. "You've managed to have me putty in your hands in a matter of seconds. And it doesn't seem like I have any effect on you?" I pouted, teeth chewing on the inside of my cheeks.

Sitting back, he brought one of my hands to his chest. Seizing it flat over his burning flesh. His heart was pounding hard against his chest. A small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth, eyes dilated with a sea of emotion that confounded me.

"You do more to me than you'll know." His deep voice filled me with a hunger that was only going to be satisfied by him. My eyes lidded with desire, lewd thoughts of him ravaging me filled my mind. Before I could beg for him to take me his lips sealed against mine. A moan escaped us and swallowed by the other.

"Itachi, please--," I begged.

"I know. I just---" His voice trailed off, his face turning towards the wall. His expression was worried and uncertain.

I took this as an opportunity to flip our position. He let out a soft grunt in surprise. The amorous look on his face sent rippling sensations raging through me. But I knew this was the end of our romantic affair... At least for the time being.

"Shiori... I-."

Leaning down I pressed my lips softly to his. "You don't have to say anything. I can wait." I smiled.

The ghosting touch of his hands lingered down my back, finally resting on my hips.

His dark eyes flickered with dejection. "I want to give you a life... Not a single night of passion, you deserve more than that..."

Leaning down my head tucked beneath his chin, ear pressed against his broad chest. Fingers aimlessly tracking down his chest. "I can wait Ita... For you, I could wait forever."

The rhythmic thumping of his heart produced a soothing warmth. The soft caress of his fingers against my scalp pulling me into slumber.

"I love you Shiori."

"Love you too."

"Make sure you take all the medication..."

He nodded, squeezing my hands.

"Please don't die. Sasuke needs you alive, understand."

He smiled, "I know. I won't be selfish with my life."His smile was infectious, I could feel myself smile in return.

The wind picked up. The brisk night brought a cool breeze that swept my hair all about us.

"Make sure you come back when you--"

I was suddenly drawn into a kiss. But just as quickly as it came, the warm feeling disappeared. "I'll take care of myself. I promised you a life after all of this, and I plan on keeping it."

"I'll hold you to that."

"Ahhhmm." Tsunade coughed as she stepped up beside me.

"Although I don't implicitly trust you, I am confident in Shiori's faith in you. So I'll reserve judgment for now. Just don't let us down."

Itachi gave a nod. His head turning back to me.

"Bye," we whispered in unison. With a final nod, he disappeared, the warm feeling of his hands still clasped around mine lingered.

'Be safe'.