Book 2 Preview

⭐️Book 2 Preview: Available on Amazon, Apple Books, and Google Play⭐️

"Relax fratello." Luca stepped over, ripping the tie from my hands, tying and tucking it into my jacket. "There you go!"

We were face to face, eye to eye. "What if he says no? What if it's too late? What if I lost him?"

"Nobody says no to a Romano!"

"Oh yeah Mr. Clean," I laughed, throwing my hand up to his head, rubbing for luck.

"Fuck," he huffed, swatting my hand away. "They don't say no to a good Romano."

"I don't think he considers me good." I turned back to face the mirror, adjusting the tie, the jacket, my hair.

Then the door swung open, my heart stopping, but it was just Gav, and he walked over, nodding in approval at my suit. "How much longer you gonna be up here?"

"Have they arrived?"

Gav nodded yes. "Full house, just missing the guest of honor."

My heart was back to racing, palms clammy. "I'm sorry I highjacked the twins second birthday. Thanks for doing this fratellino."

"Anything for you," Gav smiled, raising his hand to my shoulder, giving it a pat. "The twins couldn't be happier."

"Gavin!"

Sadie's voice echoed up their stairs into the room. That could only mean one thing.

"Now or never." Gav walked back to the door, holding it for us, and Luca gave me a nudge, herding me out.

"He's here!" Sadie was staring out her front window, rolling her face back towards us as we hurried down the stairs. "You ready?"

I nodded, gesturing for everyone to step back, clearing the hall. I was more than ready.

She opened the door, following it back and standing behind it, so it was just me in view.

Mark walked up, right through the doorway, all smiles, until he saw me. Then he stilled, dropping the bags at his side to the floor and glancing over his shoulder, feet twisting with them towards the street.

"Don't go!"

His eyes rose to mine. "Sadie said you weren't coming out."

I stepped closer, hearing the feet shuffling up behind me and watching his eyes narrow- then widen just as quickly. "Mom?!" He gasped. "Dad? Mariana... Why... what's going on?"

I dropped to a knee, he gasped again, eyes locking back on mine. "Mark, I don't want to spend another day away from you. You were right- I was selfish, but you were also wrong- you are my world. You were my first, you will be my last, you are my only."

I pulled the ring from my tux pocket, holding it up to him. "You came here as Mark Acosta, but I'm hoping you'll leave here as Mark Romano. Will you marry me? Right here, right now?"

For updates/news:
Instagram.com/AuthorSummerLeigh

com/AuthorSummerLeigh