CHAPTER SEVEN PART TWO

Start from the beginning

"I'm surprised you still go to parties after what happened last year," Mattheo interjected, his face bland and unkempt. Pansy looked around her and noticed people staring, her look of excitement slowly fell into a frown and she glared at Mattheo, gritting her teeth. "What, are you her little bitch now? She can't even fight her own battles." she scoffed and looked back to me, raising an eyebrow as if she were daring me to say something.

The entire room was now focused on what was happening between Pansy and I, only a few people were aiding the unconscious boy on the couch. I couldn't be seen as weaker than I already was, much less under Pansy's taunts; I had to do something, anything to prove my capability in front of the people that disliked me most. I looked up at Mattheo and he nodded toward Pansy. "Go on, don't look at me. Be a big girl, don't let her talk to you that way."

And finally, I'd let myself recognize all of the buried anger inside of me; anger I didn't even know I had contained. I was furious and I didn't even know where all of it came from; it continued to build up, making my heart beat faster, a sudden rush of adrenaline hit me and I took a step toward Pansy. I wanted to take it all out on her, whatever the mass feeling of hate inside of me stemmed from, I didn't care, all I wanted to do was take it out on her.

"Aw, look at her." she smiled, pushing out her bottom lip as if she were pouting. "I think she's upset," she turned back to me and took a step forward. "Are you just going to stand there? Did your Mother not show you how to stand up for yourself?"

The palm of my hand collided with the side of her face and a loud smack left the room silent except for gasps leaving peoples mouths. Pansy stumbled backward and held her cheek in her hand, staring at the ground in disbelief. Her friends backed up with the rest of the people and from behind me, Mattheo stifled a muffled laugh. "You bitch," Pansy shouted at me, her eyes grew dark and before I knew it, she lunged forward at me, grabbing onto my arms and pushing me into the wall behind me.

My head hit the wall with a hard thud and I felt myself smile, the pain was nothing compared to the rush of adrenaline I was coursing through. Her hands were grabbing at my neck, and I found my arms to be held down by her elbows; her fingernails dug into my collarbone before she slammed my head against the wall, making me grow even more mad. I thrusted my knee into her stomach and watched as she let go of me, bending over. My hands were quick to grab the sides of her head, bringing her up to my level before throwing my head back, smashing the front of my forehead into her face.

She let out a loud sob in pain as she backed away from me, her face in her hands; I took the opportunity to grab a fistful of her short black hair, turning her around and switching places with her, slamming her front against the wall that she had me pinned up against. She reached behind her head and struggled to grab my hands that still held onto her hair and neck, scratching me with her long nails. I hadn't even realized it at first, but I was doing the same exact thing to her that Mattheo did to me in my room.

She threw the back of her head into my face and I turned her around, bringing my arm back before smashing my knuckles against her already-bloody face. I smiled, the taste of iron and metal salivated my mouth, my tongue glided across my teeth and they felt wet; I spit in her face, my blood and spit splattered across her skin and she pushed me back. I felt a chunk of my hair get pulled down and I dropped to my knees, bringing my arms in front of my face as Pansy's knee rammed against my hands.

Her hands kept a hold of my hair, throwing my head back before bringing it into her knee again. I pushed my feet off of the ground and let out a loud scream as I used what energy I had left to wrap my arms around her legs and lunge at her, landing on top of her in a straddle-position. My arm placed itself under her chin and I pressed all of my weight into her, watching as her eyes widened between the flashing of the lights, her mouth hung agape as she scratched at my eyes, heaves and coughs leaving her blistered lips. I grabbed her hair and listened as she coughed, trying her best to steady her breathing as she tried to pry my hands from out of her hair, flailing her legs under me and grunting in frustration.