8. Decisions

Mulai dari awal

"You will protect me?" Those words were so foreign to Milo's ears, he wasn't used to hearing them addressed to him so when Victor nodded and squeezed his hand and nodded, Milo couldn't help but laugh, humoured by the older's fake promises.

"I don't need protection, I will be just fine by myself, let's do this." He turned his gaze to Elijah who was watching the interaction attentively and Victor couldn't help the tugging at his heart.

It wasn't because he cared or wanted the younger boy to believe him, it was the sound of his pride being shattered. Yet, he didn't say a word because he somehow knew it was a mere defence mechanism.

They knew very little about Milo's background and from the looks of it, he's had a very tough life, so it may take a little bit more action and less words to convince him that he will be protected.

After all, it's hard to believe when him and his husbands wanted him dead.

-

Hours after Milo woke up and agreed to do the spell, it was finally over. It was time for everyone to go home and Milo couldn't be happier, whereas his thoughts were fuzzy and all over the place before, he could feel himself more concentrated and confident. He could think clearly and didn't feel like he was on some hormone overdose anymore.

"What do we do now." He asked while trying to keep up with Victor's strides but the older warlock didn't seem to be noticing his struggle.

"Home, we need to update the rest about the last developments. You will be staying at our house." He stated as a matter of fact, not pretending to be asking.

"Wait, I don't want to stay with you and your psycho husbands!" Milo stopped in his tracks, hugging his body shivering from the cold and it wasn't until then that he noticed he didn't have his jacket on him.

"I don't care what you want. Walk." Victor rolled his eyes when he looked behind him and saw that the whiny boy had decided to give him a hard time.

"I'm not going anywhere, listen, it was nice chatting with you, see you around!" Milo was going to take advantage of the fact thag Victor wasn't looking at him and rather unlocking his car to turn around and walk away but he was surprised when he felt a warmth around his neck.

Victor who successfully unlocked the car, had removed his scarf and effortlessly caught up with Milo before he walked away.

"Your kind get sick easily, I don't have time to keep driving human kids to doctors." He mumbled in annoyance as he removed his black wool coat and dropped it over Milo's petite body.

Milo wasn't responding whatsoever, he was staring at the street in front of him in a state of shock, his body not understanding what was going on.

He didn't understand why would someone do something like that, why did he care to give him his scarf and coat when he didn't ask? It was annoying, his cheeks started heating and he wanted to protest but he was dragged into the passenger seat and the words got caught in his throat before he managed to express his annoyance.

A thousand thought was swimming during that drive, but he could only concentrate on the fact that someone just gave him their coat and scarf.

Because he didn't want him to be cold.

Someone didn't want Milo to feel cold.

-

"Milo!" Toby cried after he opened the door to find Victor and Milo standing in the doorstep, a wave of relief washed over him after crushing the human in a bone breaking hug and inspecting his entire body to check for injuries.