Chapter 12

The next week or so was spent training and preparing for what was going to be a long battle. Minho started training his kitsune powers with his mother and sister. He was getting better and they'd hoped he could help with those powers but the Gladers knew Minho would always resort to his trusty spear and gun.

Thomas, Newt, Vince, Jorge, Scott and Derek spent most of the times planning out what they'd do. They decided not to involve Agent McCall because it would get too "illegal". They trained a bit but it's not like Thomas or the Gladers and Scorchers really needed it.

They woke up before the sun and ran together around the town a couple of time since they returned and even if they all didn't go Thomas went on his own. Plus they knew what to expect so they technically trained the pack.

The pack and the survivors had spent the whole day together along with their parents before they left the next day. They were all in the Stilinski household having diner and talking, having a couple last moments of happiness before leaving.

Newt didn't come down for dinner and after a few minuted Thomas decided he'd go get his boyfriend so he excused himself and walked up the stairs to his room. When he got there Newt wasn't in there.

He noticed the window was open so he walked over and noticed Newt's dangling feet from the edge of the roof. He climbed up and sat next to his lover. "Hey. What are you doing up here love?"

Newt just seemed to ignore his question. He sighed and started "Did I ever tell you about when I broke my leg?" he said looking over at Thomas who only shook his head slightly confused as to where his boyfriend was going with this.

"It was way back in the maze... and I had just come up in the box just like all the other guys. Didn't know where I was, didn't know who I was, y'know." he took a pause and looked out at the sky. " And even though all my memories were gone I could still feel... that something was missing."

"Y'know? I felt empty. And I just I- I couldn't handle that. I couldn't take it... So one morning I um- I got up early' he said looking down at his hands 'and I snuck out into the maze. And I went and I found the tallest wall I could." he said looking back up at the sky.

"And I climbed up there and... I jumped off it." he said and Thomas didn't know what to say. Newt was always the strong and to hear what had happened, it was.... "O'course I got tangled up in all the ivy." he continued chuckling.

"Snapped my leg in three different places. Like a proper shank." he said making Thomas chuckle. Looking back out into the forest he said "And I thought that was it. Then Minho found me. Somehow..."

"And he picked me up and he took me back to the glade. And we never told anyone the truth about what happened he saved me. He gave me a second chance. And now they need us." he said looking back at Thomas.

"So if there is even the slightest chance... that we can save them. That we can get them out of there, than we have to take that." Thomas looked at him proud to have Newt as his boyfriend and Minho as a best friend.

Thomas leaned forward, placing a hand on Newt's cheek "We will." he said looking straight into Newt's eyes. He leaned in and kissed Newt with so much passion and love, Newt kissing back with just as much passion and love.

When they separated Thomas smiled at him "Come on. Let's go eat before bed." he said gently. Newt just gave a small smile back and climbed back inside through the window, Thomas following behind, and headed towards the stairs.

They went down the stairs and made it to the living room where everyone was eating seeing them all laughing and getting along. It put smiles on both their faces. They walked over and sat down Next to Minho and Frypan.

They talked and laughed and for that night they forgot about the dangers and the fighting and the surviving and just got to be normal teenagers. Just for that night, they were happy. Unworried and happy.

After dinner they all decided to watch a movie while the parents went to sleep upstairs in the guest rooms. They were all huddled up together in a mountain of blankets and people.

Glader, Scorcher or pack member, they were all together talking to each other like they had all known each other for ages. Thomas sat on the couch looking at everyone before him, happy and carefree.

This is what he's always wanted. For them all to be happy. Not having to worry about getting away from WCKD or cranks and grievers. Not having to save the town or facing the next supernatural evil.

All he wanted was for all his friends, his family, to be normal teenagers. And for that one night, they got it. And he was glad. He saw as one by one each person went to sleep in a big puppy pile. Each time sometime someone fell asleep you could hear their small "Goodnight." before drifting off.

Thomas saw that almost everyone was asleep except him and Minho. Newt was cuddled up right next to him with his arms wrapped around his waist. He could see Aris cuddled up close to Minho and noticed the small smile on his face as he looked down at the boy.

Thomas and Minho just stared at both boys cuddled up next to them, content and at peace for the first time in a long time. Thomas looked up at Minho, who was just about to succumb to sleep himself, and started to whisper to him quietly.

"Thank you, Minho." he said looking back down at Newt. "Mm. For what?" he heard Minho mumble with closed eyes. "For saving Newt. For bringing him back. For being there for me. For being my best friend."

He said looking back up at Minho just to see the boy had fallen asleep leaning his head on Aris'. Thomas just chuckled thinking 'I knew there was something there.' and leaned down, kissing Newt on his head.

He whispered an 'I love you.' in his ear, looked back at everyone around him and said in a quiet voice "Goodnight." before falling into a dreamless sleep for the first time since he got back.

___________________________________

I thought I'd put the actual video on top because why not and I love it.
I hope you liked this chapter, much love.✌️💕