Chapter 35

I emerged from the Beach Hut, my skin sticky and the remnants of whipped cream still in my hair from the challenge. My thoughts were still completely scrambled, but my alone time had been cut short because the producers needed to get the other islanders into the Beach Hut for their reactions to the challenge.

I entered the dressing room and found Hannah humming to herself as she hung dresses up in her cupboard. She saw me out of the corner of her eye and looked up, smiling when she saw me.

"Oh, hi Josie!"

"Hi," I said back, wracking my brain for something to say as I opened my cupboard. "So, how was your date?"

Not that I actually care.

I pulled out a clean bikini and a washcloth so I could clean the pie gunk off me.

"Oh, it was so nice! We went to a garden, and there was a fountain, and it was so pretty! I felt like I was in one of my romance novels!"

I bet.

"But then, of course, Bobby told me straight away that you and he were a thing now, so it was just a friendly catch-up. Not that I was ever really interested in him, but I thought he was the safe choice, you know?"

Obviously.

"Mmhmm," I smiled and nodded, then headed for the door.

"But what about you?" She asked, giving me a conspiratorial smile. "You and Lucas were getting close before he left, and now he's back."

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"And you kissed him," she continued, "in the challenge. That was an interesting development. We were all so curious about what went on between you two."

I turned to stare at her. My first impressions had been that she seemed more confident, but now I wasn't sure I liked that confidence. I gave her a brief smile, one that didn't reach my eyes, and left.

It's none of your business.

I went to the bathroom to quickly clean as much cream off myself as possible, then headed downstairs. Lottie and Priya were sitting cross-legged on one of the beds, and I dropped onto it face-first between them.

"Whoa!" Priya laughed. "What's up?"

I let out a loud groan as I propped myself up on my elbows.

"Have you guys seen Bobby?"

"I think he's in the Beach Hut," Lottie replied.

I sighed and lowered my eyes. "I need to talk to him, but he gave me the cold shoulder after the challenge. I'm so pissed off at myself."

"Ah, it's just a challenge," Priya waved her hand dismissively. "You were exploring your options, that's all."

Lottie raised an eyebrow at her. "I don't think you'd feel the same way if it was Arjun kissing Hannah."

"No," Priya shrugged, "but Josie's situation is different. She liked Lucas before already, and her relationship with Bobby is still new."

"I still don't think it's okay," Lottie frowned. "Think how Bobby must have felt watching that."

"I don't want to think about it," I groaned. "I saw it right on his face. And it made me feel like absolute shit."

"So does this mean you're giving Lucas a chance?"

I stared down at my hands.

Well I certainly encouraged him, didn't I? We have undeniable chemistry...

Whiskey and ScotchOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara