Why is she looking at me like that?

Can she please stop looking at me like that?

What Asami wouldn't admit though, is that she kind of liked the way Korra was so clearly admiring her. 

"Are you okay?" She ended up finally asking with furrowed brows and a wince.

Korra pointed to the heiress. "Yeah. Is this a new outfit?"

Asami grew more nervous by the millisecond, her cheeks flushing at the observation. She looked down to her clothes and began to fix them, even though there was nothing to fix. She tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear and stuttered, "Uh, sort of. I um, I just got these pants and the blazer. Do you like it?"

"Of course I do. You look really-" The shorter woman seemed to stop herself from whatever she was about to say. She squinted her eyes then spread her hands out in the air. "Professional."

"That's good because that's my goal."

The friends shared a laugh as Asami quickly examined the shelf pieces, she knew the proper tools that were needed and told herself she would come back to fix them later in the week. Korra moved herself to sit down at her desk chair. The older business woman pulled up the chair she took and sat in front of Korra. 

Before Asami could speak, Korra started with a smirk, "So, why'd you come in here? Miss me?" 

"I- I- no." Her cheeks burnt pink. "I was just bored. I wanted to bother you but it seems you already had your hands full."

"You just love making jokes today." The blue eyed woman rummaged in one of her desk drawers to find a notepad. She began writing down a few reminders for herself. "But why were you bored? What were you doing? Meetings?" 

Asami grew a bit distracted by the mini statues of animals and world monuments. She moved in closer to be able to toy with and study them."I was talking to one of the employees here about them deserving a promotion."

Korra stuck her head up with a raised brow. "You've never talked to me about deserving a promotion."

"If I ever discussed that type of thing with you, I wouldn't hear the end of it."

"Hear the end of what, specifically?" 

"Your cockiness." She answered bluntly and smiled.  

"You adore my cockiness, green eyes." Korra finished the conversation off with a playful grin and continued to write on her notepad.

It's true.

The heiress looked up to her friend and let out a quiet sigh of frustration. But not frustration with Korra, frustration with herself. For what though? She had not the slightest idea. 

They both continued to sit there in the silence. Asami calmingly fidgeting with the statues while Korra worked, occasionally teasing each other though, until the engineer had to actually get back to her job. She was headed towards the door to leave when she felt something hit the back of her head. 

"Ow!" She cursed to the crumpled piece of paper on the floor. She whipped her head around and saw the southerner cracking herself up. "And what was that for?" 

"Just wanted to get your attention." Korra shrugged her off innocently. 

"I have to go, but what is it? Make it quick."

"You wanna come over tonight? I get off early at like three, and I have an off day tomorrow. We can just chill or something." 

Lately, everytime Asami was asked to go over to Korra's house, there was a small part of her that felt different. She could never put it into words. Excitement could be used, but it was something stronger. Whatever it was, overall the feeling was oddly comforting. Asami always caught her heart beating quicker at any and every invite that was thrown at her. She couldn't wait to answer yes, but then remembered an important thing that needed to be taken care of.