Chapter: 3

When he returned he placed the gauze, needle and fine thread next to me. I sucked in a breathe fearful of what he would do.
"I promise to be gentle, I know what im doing" he says looking into my eyes.
"I'll be fine without any of... this" I say quietly but with determination
"You need help, that cut and your leg need all the attention they can get" he states before looking down towards my chest. I'm about to scold him before he gently pushes aside the material of my top to reveal the bullet wound from my father. 
"And this little guy" he presses down on it softly and I wince
"That needs more than just that dirty water you drink poured over it" he says with his slightly western accent 

Stephan started to prepare what he needed for my hand. I didn't want to push him but I needed to know.
"Why did you save me" I asked 
"you were injured" he replied 
"Everyones injured why me Stephan" I asked with more confidence 
He huffed putting down the needle and placed both hands firmly on either side of me.
"One more question and ill send you right back there, you have no idea what I have just saved you from" he harshly stated before continuing "So baby girl you better be greatful" 

I looked down at my hands and quietly mumbled "Its Luna"  
"The moon?" he asked
I chuckled softly, "no my name is Luna"
I met his eyes and he slowly smiled at me
"Well miss Luna, lets get started on this hand" he says 

He started by cleaning my hand with an anaceptic cloth, it stung but like he promised, he was gental. He then picked up the needle and grasped my hand tightly in his before slowly lowering it into the skin around the wound. I hissed when it entered and Stephan rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb in a comforting manner. 
"This is the worst part" he softly stated, concentrating on his work. 
He was right, stitching the small cut up didn't hurt too bad, it just felt like weird tugs of pressure. A couple stitched later, it was over. He then wrapped my hand in gauze to protect it from bacteria. 

"wasn't too bad was it" he stated, smiling at the concerned look on my face
"Now lets get something in that little belly of yours" he says
I give him a small smile, eyeing up the couch as my eyes grew heavy. I was becoming too comfortable in this house. Stephan lifts me down and places me on the couch, saying hes going to go cook and I could wait there.

I lay back into the couch and my eyes slowly start to shut, the hard days on the streets catching up with me. Moments later I was out, half my brain fighting to keep some part of me aware of my surroundings. Distantly I have footsteps before they stop in front of me. I feel someone pick me up, I should be freaking out but instead, I lean into them. They place me on a soft surface and place a warm blanket over me.
"Sleep tight" I hear Stephan whisper, then deep sleep takes over.