𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

4:49 pm
June 2, 1996

After a long day, my family and I finally returned back to the good ole' mansion that I grew up in— Armstrong Estate. The cold wind blew the smell of nearby pine and lumber into my senses, the smell of home. My beautiful home welcomed me as I glided back through the halls that I had grown up in. My parents were evidently pleased to see me home.

I made it back to my bedroom, same as it was when I had left for 5th year. For another time, I admired the carefully crafted wood on the ceiling, with plants creeping down along my black brick walls. My enchanted mirror stood still, and I gazed in it as I pulled on a black lace dress in preparation for our dinner with the Malfoys this evening. I carefully clipped my diamond necklace that had been passed down from my great-great grandmother around my neck, and placed my diamond earrings in my ears. Soon, I heard the faint sound of my mother calling for me from a downstairs corridor. I rushed down the grand staircase and out the door, where my parents and I made the short journey over to the Malfoy Manor.

"So..." my mother broke the silence, besides the wind whistling within the trees, "Draco Malfoy?"

God. My heart fluttered hearing the boys name, what kind of person had I become? "What about him?" I replied, as casually as possible.

"I noticed him admiring you, specifically— your body." She mentioned, giving me a sly look.

"Oh, come on mother! You don't really think he fancies me, do you?"

My mother and father exchanged glances, and smirks crept across their faces. "I would love my dear daughter to marry a Malfoy." My father declared, searching for a reaction from me.

My heart flipped in knots, but I had to stand up for Ron. He was whom I was with. "I'm perfectly happy with Ronald."

My fathers smirk slowly faded into a frown. "Now, now, darling. I understand you may love this, Weaselbee boy, but you know the rules. No one but Slytherins. And that's final."

My heart wrenched hearing this, but it could have been in my best interest to not end up with Ron. His ways of controlling me piled up onto my shoulders, weighing me down until I was almost nothing. The only reason I hadn't left him yet was because of my fear of being lonely after I'd lost him.

"Yes father." I whispered back, as we approached the manor.

As we walked up the eerie path that led to Malfoy Manor, I admired the home, and the careful building, landscaping, and surroundings. The golden sunlight shown through the tall trees surrounding the home, which cancelled out the dark presence. I noticed a gargantuas window near the left corner of the manor, with a black silhouette in the window. It was Draco. Holy fuck. He had his black suit on, basically what made Draco Malfoy... Draco Malfoy. I watched as he carefully sprayed his cologne. Even I could smell it just by the view of him. It was a scent that no one could really forget.

My mother carefully pounded on the lengthy wooden door that stood beyond the grand porch. Narcissa opened the door and greeted my family with a warm smile. "Hello Bennett, Lucia. Oh, and beautiful Estelle." She said gently, leading us into the manor.

This had been my first time in this place in years, but I didn't notice a change. I still remember running these halls with little Draco before we even knew any better.

Narcissa led me and my family over to a long dining table, Lucius sitting on the very end. "Draco Lucius! The Armstrongs are here!" She exclaimed up the echoey staircase.

My parents and I took a seat at the long table, however, my mother refused to fill in the seat to the left of me. She smirked when I realized that she did that for a purpose.

As soon as I heard the echoey footsteps behind me, I knew it was not going to be a sight I'd flinch at. I slowly turned around as Draco proceeding down the dark staircase. He looked just as stunned to see me as I was to see him. His black suit made his tall figure stand out. He slowly pulled out the chair sitting next to me, the tension now at an all time high.

Narcissa served a fancy dinner, obviously cooked very professionally. Draco sneered when his food was placed in front of him. Picky ass. He picked at the gourmet meal until his father scolded him.

"Draco. Eat." His father spat. Draco rolled his eyes and immediately started shoveling his food into his mouth. I tried my best not to snicker at his picky habits.

"So, Estelle. How was your 5th year?" Narcissa beamed as she continued to eat.

"It was fantastic." I fibbed, trying not to gag at the thought of my sucky year.

The parents still coversated and laughed, about thing they probably assumed Draco and I didn't understand, but we did. All of a sudden, when silence broke out, Draco blurted "Have you broken up with that silly Weasley boy yet?"

All eyes fell on me and I about choked on my drink. I felt as if I was under so much pressure. I knew that if I was honest, and admitted to being with Ron, Draco's parents would get the wrong impression of how I really was. His jaw tightened as he waited for my response. "Yes." I spat out.

Fuck. I just lied. Now I had to deal with the burden of lying about being with Ron.

"I ended things at Platform 9 3/4 this afternoon."

"Good." My father gushed, "you know our rules, and I'm glad one is not broken anymore."

The guilt immediately began to build up inside of me. I felt for Ron, but he really didn't treat me right. So at that point, I didn't seem to care.

Soon, the dinner concluded. My parents gave the Malfoys hugs goodbye, and Narcissa gave Draco a look. He shook his head and shot her a perplexed expression, and she motioned her head towards me. Draco's shoulders dropped, but he gave in and slowly snaked his hand beyond my waist and pulled me into a tense hug. He bent down and breathed deeply in my ear before whispering "Sneak out tonight. Meet me in the woods. 12:00 fucking sharp." His cold, minty breath sent chills down my spine. He slowly pulled away from the embrace and moved his cold hand down to my hip, where he gazed down at me. I stared up and him and slowly nodded "I'll be there, Malfoy." I whispered back.

And then we were off.