𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

What happens to long-lost lovers?

The wind nipped their flesh, hand in hand, contrasting hair delving behind them like a flag in the wind. Their dashing legs caused the ground beneath them to rumble. The trees creaked, rocking back and forth in the flowing wind. They had made it. They escaped his wedding.

Even though Estelle had received want she wanted, Draco Lucius Malfoy—the idea still dawned on her that he was about to marry Astoria. Give his entire life to her. If she hadn't have caught him, he most likely would've gone through with the act, vanishing Estelle into his past. Leaving those long nights seated up on the roof, gnawing on Narcissa's famous strawberry tarts, or him lingering on her porch with roses clutched in her grasp, behind—forever.

He didn't know she didn't die, for he had moved, therefore no one could've told him when she awoke. His parents took him away to someplace happier—the beach. There, they lived in a beachside mansion. Significantly smaller than the Malfoy Manor, but still enough to house the classy family.

Draco had to move back, however, when his father decided that it was time he was lively enough again. There was a girl, Astoria, who lived on another mansion on the beach. Her and her sister Daphne were both very joyful, radiant women. Draco would observe as Astoria would scamper down to the wildflower field just over yonder, and pick flowers until she was much too exhausted to do so. He never found her lovely , though. Even though Estelle was 'dead' in his mind, she was never dead in his heart.

One summer morning, nothing out-of-the-ordinary was occurring. The waves still smashed, soaking into the sand. The summer wind blew across his milky flesh, thrusting his icy hair every which way. Draco had felt more alive, because he knew Estelle would want to see him happy. He sat out on the grand porch, overlooking the ocean, with a book in his hands, poetry, to be exact, when Astoria's mother came clicking up the exterior steps, meeting a gaze with him.

He hadn't known about the marriage yet, for his father planned on informing him the day of, to prevent any more depression that could've had the opportunity to live in his son.

But when he found out, he was destroyed.

Anger erupted from his veins, boiling like magma. He had a panic attack that morning. He knew how disappointed Estelle would be from the heavens above, watching down on him at his every action. He tried his best everyday to make her proud, but little did he know, that she wasn't in heaven, she was on Earth still. Under the same stars as him, when he thought she was above.

Tears were still streaming from both of their eyes, burning from the wind gushing into them. They dried on their cheeks while the air slapped their faces. They were much to exhausted to continue dashing through the woods, so they collapsed by a tree, her squeezing his torso tightly while he caressed her back. She sobbed into the crook of his neck, him burying his features in her curls.

"Draco—" She whimpered, tears trickling down her burning cheeks.

"Do you love her?"

Draco shot his face to Estelle, tears flooding down his cheeks at a more rapid pace now. "No, Estelle. I don't love her, I met her this morning. I still love you."

"I still love you too, Draco."

"Then let's live how we used to."

And so they did. From there, the feelings they once shared together returned. The unanimous decision caused the two to marry, a beautiful wedding on the beach. She wore flowers in her ebony hair, blue eyes red with tears. Her dress was dazzling. It flowed in the salty scented wind, along with her lengthy veil.

When Draco saw her, he lost it. Absolutely lost himself. He buried his face in his hands, moved by the sight ahead of him. His father was rather disappointed because he preferred his son keep the mask of toughness across his features, but for this, he made an exception. For he knew what it was like after seeing Narcissa coming down the aisle, dressed in white.

Draco and Estelle went on with their lives together, elated than ever. A few years after their marriage, they had two beautiful children. One with the name of Scorpius Malfoy, the other a beautiful girl, named Vera Malfoy. Scorpius inherited the blond gene from his father, hair icy and sleek. He looked identical to Draco, stormy grey eyes, milky pale skin, and a sophisticated attitude even at a young age. Vera looked like a mix between her mother and father. Her hair was ebony like Estelles, not inheriting the blond gene from her father. But her eyes were silver, just as his were, skin also pale in the snowy winter, but easily tan in the beaming sunlight of summer.

They were a happy family, dwelling in the Malfoy Manor, the woods where it all started still standing tall beyond the mansion. Their children would frolic through the halls, laughing and dancing together as Draco and Estelle would in the kitchen, him softly whispering sweet nothings into his wife's ears.

One late wintery night, Draco and Estelle were entangled in their sheets, in each other's tight holds. No matter how long their marriage had progressed, that spark still burned in their hearts for each other. An audible noise of pitter-pattering sounded from the corridor, soft giggles advancing through the ambiance. Draco sat up quickly, alert for any trouble, but his eyes softened when he saw his two children scampering into his room, cheeky grins plastered across their youthful features. They plummeted into their bed, awaking Estelle from her deep slumber. They snuggled between their dazzling parents, eyes burning with hope while they situated themselves.

"What seems to be the matter?" Draco inquired, his raspy manly voice tearing from his throat, accent rolling heavily off of his tongue.

"Scorpius and I couldn't sleep." Vera replied.

Estelle hoisted herself from her spot in the bed, situating herself upwards to glance at her children and husband causing a ruckus, interrupting her sleep. Draco studied his wife, still just as bewildered with her as he had been the first time he saw her at only five years of age. They were thirty two now, twenty-seven years of being completely in love.

"Couldn't sleep? Want to hear a story?" Estelle whispered groggily, situating her young daughter into her grasp. "I've got a great one."

A grin trickled across Draco's lips, while Scorpius settled within his grasp, eager to hear whatever story his mother was about to tell. But Draco knew, he knew exactly what story she was going to tell after the words escaped her lips.

"Oh come on Estelle, one more class..."

~~~

[thank you all so so much for everything on this story, it makes me so happy to see everyone enjoying it. you guys truly mean the world to me.]

[if you enjoyed this fan fiction, you may enjoy my other one that is currently in progress. it is called Antagonist and can be found on my page!]