Bloods and Allies

Start from the beginning

"You seem distant." I replied.

"I've just been so busy with-."

"Skating? Yes I know." I retorted, zipping up my bag. "Become friends with my worst enemy. How do you think that makes me feel?"

"Bridget! She's changed!"

"No she hasn't!" I yelled. "No she hasn't." I said quietly again. I sighed harshly.

"You didn't even notice me at the competition. You never sit with me at lunch. We never talk in between classes anymore. You weren't there for me when Hans died-."

"Hans died?"

"Yes Tiffany, Hans died." I barked. "Don't you see? I have no one anymore. You left me. You never make time for me. Your always with Kristin."

"Are you sure your not jealous that I made the team?"

"No Tiffany! I'm so proud of you!" I assure. "It's just that we fell out of this friendship. We are our own people now."

We both sigh. "Are you saying that we shouldn't be friends anymore?" Tiffany asked.

"I don't know what im saying." I admit. "I have to go." I swing my bad around my shoulder and walk out.

Maybe I was jealous. But if i had to be honest, I was not happy about Kristin befriending Tiffany.

"Hey Bridget!" A soft voice from behind me called. I spun around and saw a short brown haired girl.

"Hey Linda." I say.

"When were you thinking about meeting up for robotics today?" She asked.

"Well we do have some class time that we should really take advantage of. I have skating after school and my dad wanted me to meet up with him later tonight." I explained.

"Yeah, I completely understand. Maybe lunchtime?" Linda suggested.

"Lunchtime would be perfect!" I smiled.

Linda walked passed me and met up with Charlie Conway and his friends. I looked around and saw all the friend groups together. The only odd one out was me.

"Hey princess." Rick said while putting his arm around me. Now, i blended in again. Could someone else have saved me? Preferably, yes. But i'll take what I can get.

"Hey." I said softly. "Sorry, I didn't pay attention to your routine. I heard about it tho!" Rick explained. "Let me tell y'a, you are the talk of the school right now." He chuckled.

I gave him a worried look. "Seriously?" I croaked. Rick hugged me tightly. "Ignore what I said."

I rolled my eyes in his chest and pushed him away. Then I made my way down the hall.

"So, i've noticed that you've been talking to some ducks recently." Rick noticed.

"Just Julie."

Rick chuckled. "I'm talking about Adam."

We both stopped in our tracks. "Adam Banks isn't a duck. He's a warrior like you, I thought."

"Once is a duck, always a duck." Rick responded bluntly. "How about you stay away from him."

"Why?" I snapped.

"Because I said so."

"You sound like my dad."

"Just do what I say."

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't trust your judgement."

"Why don't you trust my judgement?"

"Why are you being so controlling?

"I'm not being so controlling. Why are you being so defensive?"

Honestly, I could bicker with Rick for hours. At this point, this is the only thing interesting between him and I. Plus, pissing him off brings me joy.

"I'm not being so defensive. I just think your acting like a dick, Rick." I say. "Haha that rhymes."

Rick rolled his eyes. Before he could say something, I just stomped off past him.

Rick telling me what to do made me pretty angry. He never exactly was controlling but when he is, it meant something was bothering him. I didn't care what bothered him. I was gonna do whatever I wanted. If he told me not to talk to Adam, I was gonna talk to Adam. He doesn't scare me like my dad does. Now if my dad said don't talk to Adam, I wouldn't talk to Adam.

Here is some background knowledge on Rick and I. Our fathers met at my cousins country club few years back. The two have been best friends since. My dad loves Rick and Rick's dad loves me. It's like two kingdoms. My dad and Mr. Riley and the kings. Rick and I are the prince and princess. We bring the two kingdoms together. If we breakup, the kingdoms are broken. That's why I never broke up with Rick. If i'm not gonna break up with Rick, I mind as well make it interesting.

I put my bag in my locker and walked into music class and sat next to Julie by one of the keyboards.

"Today class I need you to partner up and create a song. You can use any of the musical instruments in this classroom." The teach explained.

"Get ready for our world tour, Julie." I joke.

"I can't wait." Julie squealed.

"So are we gonna try or are we just gonna make it look like we tried to get the points."

"Option two sounds better."

"Perfect!" I smiled.

We both played with the pianos not even working but just joking around with the music and stuff. "Okay let's actually try, Julie." I say.

"Buzzkill." She joked. "How about we go, I just got my driver's license last week. I almost drove it off a cliff."

"Perfect." I cheered. "Then we go, but then I snapped back into reality and didn't drive off the cliff."

We both stared at each other knowing the song was shit. "Perfecto!" We both cheered.

"A cliff?" A boy in a cowboy hat said to us.

"Yes a cliff Dwayne!" Julie said. "Get lost."

We both laughed.

"What if we just completely copy a song that's already written?" I suggested.

"How did you get a scholarship here?" Julie laughed.

"I'm just a genius." I responded.

"Hey, do you wanna sit with me and the guys at lunch today?" Julie asked.

"Oh I totally would, but I have to work on a project with Linda." I respond.

"Just bring Linda along. Isn't she dating Charlie?" Julia wondered. I nodded.

"We'll see." I smiled.