Undying Love

After more than a year of only seeing Yeosang through a screen, he was right there in front of me. My heart was pounding so intensely, I thought it might leap out of my chest.

Then I realized he was talking to a couple of very pretty girls. I thought they were idols, but I couldn't really tell.

"Wait!" I said suddenly, letting go of Wooyoung's hand.

"What?? What is it??" Wooyoung said, turning around to face me.

"It's just... well..." I muttered, unsure of what to do.

"Those girls aren't scaring you away, are they? Because trust me, once he sees you, he'll instantly lose interest in talking to them. And honestly, he doesn't even look that interested anyways. He seems bored to me."

Wooyoung was right. Yeosang was just staring blankly at them, nodding his head every once and a while. Even so, I didn't want to be rude by interrupting them.

"Let's just wait for them to finish their conversation," I said.

That's when Changbin and Minho walked up to us.

"Changbin, it's good to see you!" Wooyoung said, pulling Changbin into a short hug.

"Yeah, it's been too long," he replied. "(Y/n), you know Wooyoung?"

"Yes. I know him and the rest of Ateez because I interned at KQ two summers ago," I explained.

"Ohh, that makes sense then," Changbin responded.

"(Y/n), you look great tonight..." Minho said to me suddenly.

Before I could reply, Wooyoung said, "Yeah, but she's taken by-"

"Taking a break from dating!" I cut in. I glared at Wooyoung and he shrugged. I definitely didn't trust anyone from Stray Kids to keep my secret safe.

"Okay, geez. I never asked. I was just giving out a compliment," Minho responded, a bit confused.

(Yeosang's POV)

I didn't want to be at this party tonight. My mind was too preoccupied thinking about (y/n) that I didn't feel like socializing. I could be FaceTiming with (y/n) right now instead. I had to figure out how I could be better for her. I was trying my best to make her laugh and smile, but it was so difficult now. It's like she put up a wall between us that was never there before. I wasn't mad at her for it. I just wanted to do the right thing for her. I only hoped we wouldn't have to break up. That was a fear which lingered in the back of my head, but I tried not to dwell on it too much. I knew that (y/n) was fearing the same thing, so I assumed that meant she still wanted to be with me. I had to believe she did.

As I was lost in these thoughts, two girls walked up to me and introduced themselves. They were idols from a newer group. They began talking about their debut and such things. I tried to be polite and listen, but I couldn't focus on what they were saying.

Feeling sort of awkward, I glanced around to observe the other people chatting around me. I thought for a split second I saw a girl who looked like (y/n). I guess I was hallucinating now. Then I did a double take and realized...

It was (y/n).

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was really her. She was in this very room, and she was even wearing the necklace from Jeju Island I had given her.

Panicking, I combed my fingers through my hair and popped a mint in my mouth. I was not at all expecting to see her, so I had no idea what I was going to do or say. I just knew that I had to talk to her alone somehow.