They were stood in front of a hooded figure.
What in hells name is that?

"Hey!" I yelled as I rushed towards them, panicked as to who this person was and what they wanted. They were just kids. I couldn't let them suffer because of me.
Lizzie handed Judith over to the figure.
The hells wrong with that girl? Fucking psycho.

As I moved closer, the figure took down their hood.
Oh thank god.

I stopped walking and let out a chuckle as I bent over putting my hand and stump on my knees. I tried to regain my natural heart rate once again.
I stood back up still laughing as I continued to walk closer.

"You miss me?" Carol smiled.
I let out a sigh of relief as I wrapped my arms around her, I knew I didn't have the kids lives on my hands anymore.

"Hell yeah" I chucked.

As I stepped back, I handed her the changing bag, putting in on her shoulder.
"Have fun with this" I said stepping back.

"What?" Carol frowned.

"Finders keepers right? Ya found 'em, you can keep 'em" I shrugged. "I gotta find my lil bro and his missus"

"No" Carol said way too firmly. "You're staying with me and we are looking after these children. We need to find someone safe and then we will consider looking for Daryl and Izzy"

I studied her face before looking down to Mika and Judith. Mika was looking up to me her eyes wide, pleading for me to stay.

"Fine" I grunted.
I hated the fact I'd lost Daryl again. But I don't think I could live with myself if I had to tell Izzy that I left Mika behind.

Carol smiled sarcastically, outstretching her arm to hand me the changing bag.
I walked towards her, ignoring her gesture and scooped Judith out of her arms.
Judith wrapped on of her arms around me as she rested her head on my chest.

"C'mon baby" I cooed looking a Judith as I walked off ahead, figuring Carol and the girls follow me.

I heard a rush of little footsteps before feeling a small hand laced around mine.
I looked down to see Mika looking back up at me.
"Thank you for staying" she said quietly.

•~•~•~•

BETH

I'VE SEEN DARKNESS BEFORE. I accepted the darkness. I was ready to go into the darkness.
But I know I can't do that now. My daddy died so that I could live, so all of us at the prison could live. But that didn't work, so I had to make this work.