Chapter 9

Authors Note:

So first off, thank you all so much for almost 1K!!!! Agh, I can't believe it. Honestly, I'm so happy y'all like my story Secondly I'm sorry this chapter is so long (I was inspired)! Also, don't forget to star and let me know how you felt about this chapter with a comment! I love hearing from y'all (it makes my day honestly)! 😊

Now let's get into it...

***

I sat at my desk, palms dripping with sweat. This would be the first time I'd spoken to Draco since the argument outside of the Ravenclaw common room. I would've been lying if I said my heart wasn't racing, quickening its pace with each passing second. The bell began to ring signaling that Professor Binns' class was finally over. I tried not to jump out of my seat but the excitement was coursing through my veins. I tried to look like I was still taking notes by fumbling around with my parchment and ink.

"Prue c'mon, you're slower than my mother." Ron groaned.

I looked up to see the three of them huddled around my desk waiting for me to walk with them to Potions.

"Go on ahead guys I'll catch up. I need to ask Binns a question about our upcoming assignment." I said as I organized my parchment.

"Are you sure?" Harry replied as he glanced toward the back of the room where Draco still sat at his desk.

I nodded and assured them that I'd catch up with them soon. Once they were out of sight Draco got up from his desk and exited the class without a word. I got up and followed him but when I walked out it was as if he had disappeared. I turned left and began walking toward Potions to see if I could catch up with him. That's when I felt someone grab me by the shoulders. I was being dragged into a hidden section of the corridor. I tried to gather the courage to scream until a pale hand covered my mouth. The familiar scent of mint and dark chocolate permeated the air around me.

Draco had pulled me into what seemed to be an old abandoned boy's bathroom. The air was stale and I heard the slight dripping of the pipes, it seemed as if no one had set foot in there in years. The bathroom definitely wasn't the most welcoming environment but it was private so I could see why he had selected it. Draco stepped closer to me backing me up against the wall, his face was only a few inches from mine. He had trapped me between both of his arms and there was a hungry look in those steely grey eyes. The space between us was shrinking, becoming almost microscopic. He bit his lip while his eyes traced every inch of my body. If I'd thought my heart was racing before it had surely run a marathon by then. Every cell in my body wanted nothing more than for our lips to connect. My hair was standing on end bracing for impact but just as I moved in to close the gap, he turned away.

What the hell is he doing?

"What the hell do you think you're doing Prue?" Draco hissed.

"Me? What are you talking about?" I was still reeling.

Draco turned his back toward me releasing me from the wall. He calmly walked over to one of the seven sinks, he looked down and grabbed hold as if to steady himself.

"You're getting too close to Potter." He seethed. 

"Is that what this is about? Well that's my job, isn't it? Don't tell me you're jealous." I said sarcastically.

Draco looked up into the mirror before plunging his fist into it causing shards of glass to fall across the floor.

"I'm not jealous but touching him was never a part of the Dark Lord's plan! You're taking this too far Prue, if you continue like this you're not going to be able to do your part." His face was empty, devoid of any emotion.