Determined

There was nothing like a long walk to the park to still a beating mind.

                The arriving season of spring was in the air with its musky wind blowing across the paths that were surrounded by flowers sprouting up. Everyone seemed to expect a fresh start when spring rolled around every April, and the harsh winter left a new ground to start again on. Everyone thought spring would be a time for new beginnings.

 Louis knew he wasn't off to the greatest of starts.

                Wind ruffling his hair, he sauntered off down the sidewalk that was still wet from the continuous rainstorms. The flat hoarding hundreds of problems drifted further and deeper into the back of his mind as he let himself focus only on the cracks strewn across the cement.

                He looked up at the sky. Not only did he notice the hidden sun traveling across the it, ready to set for the day, but it did a terrible job at hiding its feelings and emotions, appearing that its tears would seep through the muted grey clouds and down to earth any minute. Louis couldn't help but realize the contrast between the atmosphere above and a certain someone down below, probably cornering himself in grief back home.

                'Don't I do a lovely job at forgetting something for even a second... '

                Louis readjusted the messenger bag slung lazily around his shoulder, a heavy sigh escaping his chapped lips. He gnawed on them constantly since he left the apartment building.  It was simply because he was lost in his thoughts that fought against him, mostly along the lines of 'What the hell are you doing?'

                He had no answer to those questions.

                'Where am I supposed to go?'

                'Where am I supposed to sleep at night?'

                'What if it rains again?'

                'What about Harry?'

                'Harry...  Harry, Harry, Harry...'

                The view of the park was nearing his gaze, and soon enough he found himself approaching one of the trees living in its sweet surroundings. He made a loud 'humphf' as he collapsed to the damp ground, and rested his head against the bark's rough surface. Letting the woodsy scent of nature filled his nose, his mind finally dismissed his present life, and brought back the past. 

                Louis recalled when he used to visit the very same park as a kid, and he nearly laughed as he remembered how ingenuous he was back as a child, a mere 5 year old who knew nothing of the troubles that could exist in life. So innocent and naïve, but safe from the entire world's suffering.

                He missed it.

                He wanted life to be so easy again. The hardest decision he would have to make would be what color to choose out of the crayon box. The most difficult challenge would be how to reach the cookie jar on the top shelf. Most importantly, the only person he had to look after was himself. He had another now, someone who altogether was harder to solve the puzzles and problems he had as a kid.

                A rumble of thunder shook him out of it for a second to see parents grabbing their children from swing sets and winding slides to beat the rain home that was coming soon. Louis stayed put against the tree.

                The memories began an ache in his heart that brought tears to his eyes. He struggled to not let them loose, free to roll down his flushed cheeks in a sign of defeat. He tried to suffocate the whimpers dared to be heard against the lightning crashes and thrashing thunder, being the opening performance to the strong weather to come. Soon enough, rain droplets were too much for the clouds to handle and they poured down.

                Louis finally let his pour down too, and soon enough they turned in to ugly sobs in the rain.

Was it a spur-of-the-moment decision or an act of stupidity that drove him towards to some scene in the hundredth act of his life? Was he just walking shadow, another poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, until he was heard no more? Did he really have a purpose, to affect someone in some dramatic way or another?

Louis realized it then, sitting in the rain that left icy trails of shivers down his arms. He did have a purpose: to sew up his cuts, to fill up his holes, amend his depressed soul, and to ink indigo hearts around his scars.  

 "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I left you. " Louis cried to himself, weeping once more, "B- but I'll fix you. I'll fix you, Haz. I promise." 

I hope you guys enjoyed this part. I certainly did writing it. :3

This chapter was inspired by Shakespeare, as I just finished doing my Shakespeare monologues. Kudos to anyone who found the references. 

There is one last part to Inked Skin. Nice way to end off the year, right? Thank you so much to all of those who have read Inked Skin!