Hospital

"So did they answer?" I asked as she came back.

"Yes, they said she won't stop asking for me. They sent me the location." She said as she looked at her phone waiting for a message to pop up.

"Do you want me to go with you? You know so you don't have to go alone." I asked her, letting her know I was there for her.

"Uhm, sure, thank you." She said. "I got the location, let's go." She told me, quickly jogging out of the room.

I followed her closely as we ran through the streets of Cobham. The hospital was about a 30 minute walk away from where we were staying, but since we were running we ended up getting there in under 15 minutes.

"We're looking for Jess Lee." Dakota said quickly as she got to the reception.

"Room number 106." She said.

We rushed off, up the stairs following the signs. We were going up the stairs two stairs at a time, both of us sweating and out of breath from the run over already.

We got to the long hall, we could see three silhouettes in the distance, pacing from side to side. I looked over at Dakota to find her eyes darted out and her face red. I put my hand on her back. "Relax, everything will be okay, let's go." I told her as I took a step forward toward the three silhouettes.

"Hi Dakota, Jess has been asking for you." Her mother said quietly. She sounded tired, and sure as hell looked tired. Her bad posture and eye bags gave it away.

Dakota turned around to look at me, I nodded my head forward, gesturing her to go inside and see how Jess was. She gave me a half smile before heading inside.

I sat down with the younger of the three people there. I guessed the woman was Jess's mother and the other older looking man was her father. Now I didn't know if the boy I was sat beside was Jess's boyfriend or brother.

I said nothing while both me and the boy watched her parents pace from side to side of the small waiting room. "Mum, dad, can you sit down? You're making me nervous." The boy from beside called the two adults.

Catching their attention they did as their son had asked them and sat on two seats across from where we were sitting.

"Sorry about all this, I'm Robin by the way," He said shaking my hand.

"It's fine really, it's a tense moment. I'm Jamie by the way." I told him.

"So you and Dakota friends?" He asked me.

"Yeah, we play together." I told him, as I moved uncomfortably in my seat.

"Nice, nice. I never understood why she never talked to me about her friends, but now I get it." He said in a flirtatious tone.

"You lost me there." I told him not understanding what the meaning behind the comment he made was.

"That she probably doesn't talk about you and her team because- well I don't know about the rest of the team - but you sure as hell are good looking." He said, making me viciously uncomfortable.

I laughed uncomfortably, before getting up. "I'm gonna check how they are, I promised coach we would let him know what was happening." I informed Jess's parents before walking over to the door.

I pushed the handle down and slowly opened the door, not wanting to bother them. I peeked my head through the crack of the door and looked into the room to find Dakota on top of Jess. Both of them holding onto each other for dear life.

I smiled at the sight of the two of them cuddled up before retrieving my steps and closing the door gently. I stood in the hall not wanting to go back to where Robin was sat.