I like you

It was wednesday, I woke up early and went for a quick run before showering. I wrapped myself in a towel and went over to my room looking at my wardrobe trying to think about what to wear.

I ended up picking out a pair of ripped denim jeans, a black inside sleeveless t-shirt, this oversized dirty grey sweatshirt, a black jacket and some white air force 1s.

I quickly got into the clothes I had picked out before going over to my drawer where I had my jewelry. I looked through it and picked out a few chunky rigs, and put two in my left and 3 in my right. I then picked out this chain and put it around my neck before looking in the mirror and putting my hair up.

I looked at the watch, it was 9.30 am. I rushed downstairs, had a quick breakfast, picked up my wallet, phone and keys and walked out of the house because I had the bus at 10 am.

I got to the bus stop with 3 minutes to spare so I sat down and sent Shannon a quick text, letting her know I was just waiting for the bus to get here and that I would see her in about an hour.

As I looked up from my phone I saw the bus approaching so I got up so the driver would see I was waiting. "Good morning." The driver told me as I got on the bus.

"Good morning! A one way ticket to Galway." I told him as he typed something out.

"That will be 8 euros." He said handing me a ticket.

"Thank you." I told him after I paid and was walking down to sit in one of the many empty seats.

The bus ride there was smooth, not too much traffic on the road, and the bus itself was very quiet. I had put my earphones in and just ignored everything and everybody, looking out the window as I took in the (surprise) not rainy morning.

"Galway bus station!" The driver shouted, making me snap out of my thoughts and get out of the bus. I walked through the doors into the waiting area looking around trying to find Shannon.

After a good minute of searching around I finally found her walking over to me. I smiled and walked towards her and gave her a hug. "Finally." I whispered to her.

"I know! Did you have breakfast?" She asked me.

"Barely, I'm so hungry."

"Let's go, I know this coffee place that does bomb croissants." She told me, pulling me behind her.

We walked through the city, talking and laughing together, as if it was just the two of us in this world. I was the happiest when I was with her and I knew that.

We sat down together in this corner cafe, the wall had these dirty white bricks, and they had flower pots around the place making it feel welcoming and giving it a home feel. I went inside and ordered two croissants, a latte and just a glass of milk for the two of us. I paid and brought it over to our table as I sat down across from her.

"So your first half of the season ended well." I told her, since they were first in the league table.

"Yeah it did, but we've still got to play you guys and your team is doing great too." She told me.

"We're playing each other for the first time after the break, in january." I told her, getting a smile out of her.

"Just know I'm not gonna go easy on you." She told me with a smirk.

"Oh I know how you play, I've watched a few too many of your games." I tell her.

"Well I play differently depending what team we are playing and how they play so you actually don't know how I play."

"We'll see it sooner than later." I tell her before cutting my croissant.

"Well what do you wanna do for the day?" She asked me.

"I kind of need to buy some books." I tell her.

"Dope, I'll take you to a few bookstores around the center." She tells me as she finishes her croissant.

We put our plates together, brought them over to the barista, said thanks to her and headed out of the coffee shop after we finished our breakfast.

We walked for about 5 minutes before we got to the book shop, Shannon opened the door for me and let me go in before her. The place was majestic.

It was cluttered, every single book shelf was full to the last. The book shelves reached up to the tall ceiling. There were different sections you could get to by passing under a 2 x 2 door.

I couldn't help but smile at the sight. I turned around in the spot looking for this exact genre of books. I went through one of the openings and passed to the next section, still looking around for 'Philosophy and Politics'.

I finally found it in one of the smaller rooms. There were about 6 shelves of books regarding philosophy and politics so I went through the titles and pulled out a few that caught my eye.

"I'm getting this one." I told Shannon as I showed her the book I chose.

"The purpose of power. It looks like it could be a great read actually." She told me.

"I've got a feeling I'm gonna finish reading it in no time." I told her before going to pay for it.

We walked around the center of the city for a while, popping in and out of a few shops, but not really buying anything. It was 2 pm and we got hungry so we went to a small restaurant and had something to eat.

"Wanna go to where we first hung out and just relax for a bit." Shannon asked me when we finished stuffing our faces.

About 30 minutes later we were sat on some rocks, looking at the much calmer sea, compared to the last time we were there.

"I really like hanging out with you." Shannon told me as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I really like hanging out with you too." I answered her.

We sat there looking out at the sea for a good while, no words being exchanged between us, just glad to have one another beside us. "You're literally my favorite person." I told her, breaking the silence.

As she heard those words leave my mouth she looked up at me, a smile all over her face. Our eyes met, before hers flickered down to my lips, making me smile. As she moved her eyes back to mine I leaned in a bit. Our faces inches apart now.

She moved closer to me and placed her forehead against mine. There was barely any space between us by now, just a few centimeters, which were soon gone as she moved her lips onto mine.

I put my hand on her cheek, as she did the same with her opposite hand. It felt magical, I had dreamt about this moment, but it was just so much more magical than I could ever imagine.

I snapped out of my day dream, and my eyes rapidly opened before I pulled away from the kiss. I could see the worry on her face appear as she saw my face.

"I can't do this." I told her as I looked everywhere but at her eyes.

"Why not?" She asked me, confused.

"You're gonna be gone in 6 months and I'm not gonna be able to see you for god knows how long." I told her as I took a deep breath. "Shannon I know myself and if I get with you while you're here I'm not gonna get over you."

"It's okay." She said as her voice broke a bit.

"I really fucking like you, but I suppose it's just the wrong time." I told her looking out at the ocean.

"I get it, right person wrong time." She said before her voice fully cracked and she started crying.

I turned around to look at her, and try and comfort her but before I could do anything she got up and left. I wanted to go after her, my heart really wanted me to get up, run after her and kiss her, but my mind made me stay still, not moving a muscle in my body, while a single tear ran down my cheek. "I really fucked it up." I whispered to myself before wiping the tear away.

Hope you all had/have a great day. Don't forget to vote please!