THIRTEEN

Team Natsu continued into the dark forest following Nasty's lead. The smell seems to intensify and becoming stronger, sweeter much tempting that lisanna was soon lost in its trance.

Nastu soon followed and Erza was struggling to not give in just as much as Lucy.

There wasn't anything relevant going in their minds anymore as they blindly walked through the forest to where the scent was leading them.

It wasn't until they came to a cave alarm bells rang faintly within any remaining part of themselves that wasn't hypnotized. They went deeper the smell got sweeter and it got darker before they came to a huge cave opening.

Torches aligned the walls around them as they kept walking on seeing some statues of people that looked so realistic-too realistic. Most were with terror stricken faces looking as if they are trying to get away or shield themselves from something.

Just as they reached the middle, all source of light went out and the scent instantly disappeared. Instantly everyone became alert as Lisanna morphed, Lucy whipped out her whip and Erza summoned sword.

Cautiously Nastu lit his fist with flames jumping when he saw something move in the shadows followed by a hiss.

"What was that? And where the hell are we" Nastu looked around wide eyes in confusion along with the others. They lost the memory of their little trip here.

"Well well wizards this time heh?" A woman's seductive yet dangerous voice rang out just before a noise rang to the right.

Natsu instantly turned lighting where the noise came from only to find it empty.

"This damn spirit will do anything to escape. "She hissed before all the torches lit and everyone gasped at the figure before them.

A woman, she was half human half serpent her human skin green, her brown hair filled with green snakes. What got everyone's attention was a key tied around her neck.

A dark key similar to the one left at the guild that's seemingly attracting everyone towards it.

"The guardian" Lucy spoke and everyone understood. This was one of the guardians the wizards created to guard the key.

"So all we need is to pound this thing and get the key" Natsu exclaimed lighting his fist on fire before Erza hit him over the head.

"Obviously we need to try and talk to it first" Nastu grumbled as Erza turned towards the guardian who was observing them.

"Were here for the key you wear around your neck" Erza stated bluntly yet respectfully making the creature raise a brow as the snaked in her hair hissed.

"And why would that be?" She asked carefully.

"We are hoping to get it and protect it along with other keys we may have in our possession from those who want to use them to free Acnologia" Lisanna spoke kindly while the woman's face showed surprise.

"You know of that?" They were all startled by her question before Nastu answered.

"Well yeah, they kidnapped our guild mate years ago to use her" He said his fist tightening at the thought.

"You're sure you will be able to resist its dark tempting aura to 'protect it'" She asked her voice taking a threatening turn.

"No" Erza said truthfully. "But were sure we will be able to contain it as we did with one other key." She said determined.

The woman only hissed before chuckling. "Though it is my duty to guard it, I would have gave you the key"

Hope lit team Nastu's eyes. "Had you not been with her" The woman hissed pointing at a silent and shocked Lucy.

"What do you mean by that?!" Lucy asked offended.

The woman only ignored her question glancing at Erza who was staring at Lucy suspicion in her eyes.

The woman smirked 'smart girl'

"A celestial wizard containing a dark soul is needed to be able with dark spirits" the woman said cryptically.

"There for you shall not get this key" The woman said with finality noting the dark look that flashed on Lucy.

"What the hell are you going on about? We just need to get the remaining keys and protect them so the other people won't be able to free acnologia." Nastu yelled at the snake woman who just glanced down at him as she rose her tail wiping behind her dangerously.

"I will not hand you the key and that is final! I will not let it in the wrong hands"

------------

"A celestial wizard containing a dark soul is needed to be able with dark spirits?" Master repeated at the cryptic saying.

"Yes sure only celestial wizards are able to use the keys but it needs to be one with a dark soul, in other words evil" Levy explained her findings while Master grew confused.

"Why did Lucy urge us to find and protect the keys if they won't be able to use it without a celestial wizard much less an evil one?"

------------------

Yeah yeah I get it short chapter

Still good thought

I don't know if I can update as much after this.

Check out my other books

Till then

Peace out