009. i liked my mornings more

Bắt đầu từ đầu

     Giving in with a sigh, Elsa smiled helplessly. "Her name's Merida."

     Merida.

     Anna listened when she explained how happy she was every time she had troubles with Kristoff, because it would mean another half hour in the shop, another chance to see the light shine on Merida's features and curls whenever she opened the door, like she was one of the flowers blooming in the sun, like she was the most beautiful part of creation.

     "You got it bad," Anna said, but smiled right after. "I'm so happy for you! You should ask her out!"

     Elsa was out of practice, to be honest.

     She found out the next day that not only were Kristoff and Anna dating, but also that she told him everything. It was embarrassing, but he really supported her pursuit, using the words of the delivery guy (He said she likes you.) — who he'd been friends with now apparently — as further proof she should go for it.

     Elsa started to think about it (the most pressing argument is Merida called her Freya).

     "What are you waiting for? This is so unlike you!" Anna laughed.

     Elsa bit her lips, and Kristoff's phone ding-ed suddenly.

Flower Boy to Ice Lad, 9:59 AM: merida has it BAD

     Oh.

     Anna squealed when Elsa finally decided to go for it. She also agreed excitedly when she asked her to come for morale support.

💐

"I'm not that torn up about it," Elsa says like a liar, lying back down. "I'm fine! It's just . . . I didn't think she's straight."

     Anna hums in agreement. Two days ago, she would have thought Merida had the same feelings as her sister. It's a shock to both of them, really.

     In that moment, someone knocks on the door, and Kristoff (who's been there nearly every day since he and Anna got their shit together) offers to answer. Thank gods, both sisters are too emotionally taken to get up.

     "I guess she's just being nice." Elsa sits up finally, pouting as she toys with the tail of her braid. "Would you like another bouquet? No. I'd like YOU, please." She huffs and lies back down.

     "Merida?"

     Elsa and Anna both whip their heads to where Kristoff stands, all three in shock.

     "Uh, yes?" Elsa hears her familiar accent, and her heart flutters enough to grow wings. "Does Elsa live here?"

     She's HERE?!

     "SHE LIVES HERE!" Anna screeches suddenly. And then in a forced whisper, "Oh. My. God."

     She jumps to her feet, pulls Elsa off the sofa and knowingly holds both her shoulders to steady her from fainting.

     "I think I know what's about to happen. You can do this."

     Frankly, Elsa doesn't know what the fuck is about to happen. Why is Merida here? She isn't complaining, though. She nods. And while Anna drags Kristoff away from the doorframe, Elsa goes to a mirror and fixes herself.

     When she arrives at the door, she sees Merida standing in a huge coat, hair tied, and carrying the most beautiful bouquet Elsa has ever seen. The florist breathes out soft "Hi" when their eyes meet, and Elsa sees how nervous she is. It's the same look she saw on her reflection that day she planned to ask her out.