009. i liked my mornings more

NOTE: the previous chapters have been edited. nothing major — altered dialogue, fixed typos, 700 more words of merida gay panicking and being dramatic (ur not obligated to reread, esp since this chapter has a 'recap' 👀)

_____________________________

💐Delivery #1

"WOULD YOU LIKE another bouquet? Really?"

     "Okay, so you say you're fine but it's been three hours since you've lied down and kept saying that one line," Anna says, just beside her on the magenta wingback. "It's okay, Elsa."

     She sits up from the sofa finally and faces her sister. "I am fine!"

     Elsa feels like a fool. Anna rolls her eyes, already having gone this stage weeks ago.

     Weeks ago, when she met someone at the library – the new assistant! He was cute, and she accidentally spilled an avalanche of books on his head. He was nice about it (Don't worry, I got a thick skull.) but she still managed to sputter all over him on checkout when he tried to ask her out.

     Anyway, she told Elsa all about it and as the older sister, of course she intervened somehow to get the engine running – a tiny thing that could do the message. And what's more romantic than flowers?

     Yes! Elsa patted herself on the back that night. (And Anna says I don't know how to be romantic. Ha!)

     Of course, that's when things started.

     Dunbouquet's been around since they were kids. Since when did the stern (but kind) older woman serving her parents leave the shop to her?

     To backtrack: Elsa knows her. Well, she's seen her before. At the bakery, in the park – too busy looking at notebooks or skating to notice Elsa back. Gods.

     She busies herself by looking at the arrangements on the boxes to avoid staring, and that's when the wildflowers caught her eye. Right. She was here for Anna. Great. All she had to do now was go up and discuss the arrangement she wanted. Should be simple.

     But oh, this florist — she doesn't even have a nametag! — has wild red hair, blue eyes, and Elsa fucking stammers all over herself when she started talking about the flowers and what they meant. The camellias and the geranium.

     The florist and the flustered customer who suddenly felt bad for not helping.

     She was nice about it. Don't worry about it, she said. But Elsa does, of course. She went straight to the bookshop and bought a book on flower language.

     (The florist saw her effort, and Elsa couldn't help but blush at being noticed.)

     Somehow, things escalated. And Elsa doesn't mean to be a bad sister, but Anna constantly messing up with her library boy gave her more reason to visit the shop and talk to the florist. They're normal conversations, but Elsa absolutely flutters inside for every word.

     It's embarrassing, she visits every other day, flushing pink every time, and this florist is nice enough to still accommodate her every request.

     "Who is she?" Anna immediately asked when Elsa got home, smiling like an idiot.

     "Huh?"

     "You're wearing your gay earrings." Elsa subconsciously holds her crystals. "You only wear that when you're trying to communicate that you're into girls. Who is she?"