"Unnie." Sooyoung faced Jieun, teary eyed. "I think we found him."

Jieun stood from her chair and slowly walked near the stage before the song could even end. Noticing her, the young man almost missed the words, but continued singing when he saw her smiling. He ended the song gazing at Jieun who was softly clapping her hands. The cafe was then filled with applause before the man started speaking.

"Thank you, everyone. I just want to say that this song has been my favorite for years now and I'm happy to share it with all of you." He still kept his gaze at Jieun until he left the stage and approached her.

"I must be dreaming." The young man was lost in the moment.

"Hi."

"Are you real? Are you really Lee Jieun?"

"Yes. Thank you for singing my song, mister?"

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook."

"Jungkook?"

"Thank god, you remembered my name!" He seemed to be waiting forever for Jieun's response.

"I'm sorry. I was just surprised to see you here. How are you?" She offered him the empty seat beside her.

"I'm doing great. I just came back from tour. I missed this place so much. How are you guys? How's Yijeong hyung?"

"We're doing fine. Thankfully the team's still complete."

"I missed you guys. I still talk with Tae sometimes. I think I'll visit Genius Lab one of these days."

They were so caught up with the conversation that Jieun forgot she's with Beomgyu. The latter cleared his throat to catch his sister's attention.

"By the way, this is Beomgyu, my brother."

"Hi, I'm JK."

"Yeah, I saw you on TV." Beomgyu seemed to be intrigued by the way he stares at his sister. What's with this guy?

"Anyway, I can't stay for long. I have to do some interview later. I'll see you soon, Jieun-ssi. Bye, Beomgyu. See you some other time."

"Noona, is that Jungkook your ex boyfriend or something?"

"Huh?"

"It's kinda weird...how he looked at you."

"What do you mean? He's just a friend, Beomgyu. He helped Genius Lab when we were still starting. He was our best singer."

"Really? I never heard of that."

"Of course, you were still a kid that time."

"But I think he likes you. I can see it in his eyes."

"Don't be foolish. You met him just now and you're already making conclusions about him."

"No I'm not. Noona?"

"What?" Jieun was starting to get annoyed. From the time they arrived home after dinner, Beomgyu couldn't stop asking about her personal life.

"What about Yoongi hyung, were you two together in the past?"

"Where did you get that from?" Jieun was not prepared for such question.

"Relax, noona. I was only asking. I just saw a photo of you together at Yoongi hyung's office."

"Photo? What photo?" Jieun suddenly got curious. She couldn't remember any photo they had together before. "And what were you doing at Yoongi's office?"

"Yijeong hyung toured me around the building when I went there. Maybe you should check the photo yourself." Beomgyu answered. "I'm sleepy, noona. I'll go ahead. Good night."

That night, Jieun was having a hard time sleeping. She kept on thinking about the picture that Beomgyu saw.

"Why can't I remember anything?" Jieun closed her eyes and tried to sing herself to sleep with the song that Jungkook once sang the day they first met.

***

a/n: Updating earlier because I will be a bit busy later. Also, I'm not sure if I can update daily this week since I have tons of work to do. But I'll still try😊

Anyway, how do you like our new character? You'll know more about him in the next chapters. The song he was singing in the video is Ending Scene. One of my favorites🥰

PS: Posting these cutie patootie photos of our baby bro Beomgyu. Saw this on their twitter last night. He's so adorable🥺

 He's so adorable🥺