Chapter 5: I layed with you

Santana feels her consciousness slowly making its appearance again, which makes her grumble in annoyance because she has never slept so comfortably as she did last night.

Last night. Brittany.

As she tries to jolt up, a force holds her down against a warm and soft body. Brittany's face is buried inside her pillow, her slow breathing indicating that she is still fast asleep. Her arms are caging Santana against her, the tightness of her grip surprising her. Even Puck did not dare to hold her that tightly.

Her cheeks are burning up when she thinks about everything that happened last night. She can't get herself to regret it, but she has to leave. There is no way in hell that she can deal with the awkward morning they will have if she stays.

Tugging herself loose with all the strength she has, Santana gets out of the bed and quietly grabs some clothes.

She shivers when she notices how Brittany has been sleeping naked against her the entire time.

Her head hurts like a bitch, but it is not the worst hangover that she has ever had. Just like Quinn always says, they are professional alcoholics. Even though Santana is fairly certain that being an alcoholic makes someone professional at it by default.

She tiptoes out of her room, gets cleaned up and dressed up inside her bathroom and quickly leaves her house, but not before writing a small note for Brittany saying that she can take whatever she wants from the kitchen and that she can leave the key underneath the doormat. She also leaves her car keys, not wanting Brittany to be unable to get to school when she wakes up. Santana decides that she will walk instead.

She really needs to get herself together, gather her thoughts of everything that happened last night. It all happened so fast yet so unforgettable at the same time. When Brittany kissed her, she instantly became sober.

Those feelings she had, the heightened sense that she finally understands how girls feel when they have kissed a boy, it makes Santana's head go all cluttery.

Those feelings shouldn't be there.

She feels kind of guilty for leaving Brittany at her house like that, yet she could not make herself stay.

Once she has arrived at school, very early for a change, she already spots Quinn talking to the tall dork. Squinting her brown eyes, Santana notices that it seems like a heated discussion instead of a conversation filled with sweet nothings they usually have.

"I know that you have been staring at Anne Frank, stop denying it," Quinn angrily shouts at him, which causes Finn to uncomfortably glance around him as if she is speaking to anyone else but him.

"You can't even look at me, Finn! What does she have what I don't, huh?"

Finn's face suddenly shifts into a determined one, his lips tightly pressed together as he glances down at Quinn.

"She is kind of cool once you get to know her. I think we should take a break until you have come to your senses."

With those words, he leaves a dumbfounded Quinn behind.

Santana decides that this is the moment that she gets to announce her presence, as she smoothly pops the p when saying 'Oops.'

Quinn instantly removes the somewhat stupid expression from her face and replaces it with her usual bitchy smirk.

"How long have you been standing there, Santana?" she inquires with a sharp edge in her voice.

Santana shrugs as if she doesn't know but the way her eyes are amusingly finding the blonde's reveals that she is anything but unaware about the direction of the whole question.