Chapter 10: The Ball

First of all before we start, I'd like to thank you all for 1k reads! We've come so far from a couple reads per chapter to over 1,000 in total. That's an amazing milestone and it's a pleasure to write for you all. So as a thankyou, I'm going to pair Y/n with someone. This'll be my first time trying it so bear with me but I will try my best with it. Thankyou for reading and please, enjoy!

Shiho Nishizumi. The most feared woman in Sensha-Do. While she may not participate anymore her Iron grip around the sport makes many tremble before her. She was feared yet respected by the participants and her fellow board members, including the Chairwoman. Her stone cold gaze could pierce titanium and her deep brown eyes could lure any man in, like a black widow searching for a mate.

Y/n: Bleugh, what a horrible thought.

I sat in the front row next to Klara and Darjeeling as Shiho began to speak, her booming yet gentle voice amplified by the powerful microphone that stood infront of her.

Shiho: Good evening ladies.

I coughed.

Shiho: My apologies, good evening ladies and transgender folk.

Y/n: This little bitch. I see where Maho inherited her mood from.

Shiho: As you all know, this is a momentous occasion as a revolution has taken place within the sport of Sensha-Do. Not only have we had fighter jets introduced, but our very first male pilot. And by the looks of it, he is here tonight. I would like to congratulate him and Ooarai for making it to the semi-finals of our tournament.

A round of applause echoed around the hall and I nodded in approval, crossing my arms and sweeping my hair from my eyes.

Shiho: Of course, we must now announce the draw for our four last schools. The first match will be, St Gloriana vs Kurimorimine.

Another round of applause erupted, Darjeeling simply smiled and brushed the match up off. Klara however squealed in excitement.

Y/n: What's got you so excited?

Klara: Just listen!

Shiho: And that leaves our final two schools, Ooarai and Pravda high as the second match to take place.

Oh fuck. As hands began to strike eachother I was reminded of the ice cold air that would encompass us as we battled Pravda.

Klara: Yay! I can't wait to shoot you down Y/n.

Y/n: God, what is with these girls trying to shoot me down. I'd take it as a compliment but it wouldn't be pleasant going down in a heap of flames.

Shiho: And finally we have a special award to give out, the most outstanding performance award. We have one for the tankery crews, and one for the pilots. For the tankery crew award we have, Team Anglerfish from Ooarai Academy.

I could hear squeals of delight from behind and turned to see the team bouncing toward the stage, gladly accepting the trophy from Shiho. Well, all except Miho. Her saddened expression was obvious whilst surrounded by her peers. They hurriedly scampered off the stage and back into their seats as Shiho slightly coughed.

Shiho: And finally our pilot award. This award is determined by how many kills a pilot has accrued over the tournament. So I am pleased to announce that our winner with 7 kills is.......... Monika Bertholt!

Y/n: .......Bitch what......

Monika slinked up to the stage and collected the trophy, posing for several photos in the process. While this was taking place, the projector displayed a league table of accrued kills by pilots. But my name was not there.