Chapter 6: English Espionage

The next day rolls around, meaning that a little bit of espionage was necessary. I had informed Anzu about mine and Yukari's reason for being absent, to which she agreed and even authorized the mission for us. We boarded a convenience store supply ship and sailed away, heading for the Saunders cruiser. While the ride was rough and we were almost spotted by some of the crew taking a smoke break, thankfully we arrived without incident and sneakily boarded the Saunders ship.

Yukari: Okay, we're outside the Saunders gate. Let me just set up the video and we can go. Oh and make sure not to talk, or else we're through. Your face is covered by the helmet and mask so in the looks department you're fine, just do not speak and it's smooth sailing.

Y/n: Pun intended?

Yukari: Possibly. Now let's get going!

Passing through the charcoal painted iron gates I marvelled at the size and architecture of the school. It really looked like an American school, with brick walls, concrete pathways and multiple floors for all of the classrooms it was a model America. Lockers graced the walls and the students milled about, greeting eachother like family when passing by. Yukari was having a field day, greeting everyone she came across and acting as friendly as possible. Prancing about like a deer in thick woodland, she nearly bumped into a blonde haired girl and her friends.

Kay: Watch where you're going friend! These are important documents for our upcoming match I'm carrying.

Yukari: Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just really happy today.

Kay: Well that's good to hear, are you part of the tankery team?

Yukari: Yep, I certainly am!

Kay: Well make sure to be at the meeting today, we need to run over some things before the match tomorrow.

The trio swaggered off, leaving Yukari smiling broader than she was originally and me stunned.

Y/n: You sure you're not a double agent for them?

Yukari: Trust me, this is all acting. Now be quiet!

I once again fell silent and walked around with Yukari until the PA system chimed to life.

PA: All students please proceed to the auditorium for debrief on the match tomorrow. I repeat, all students proceed to the auditorium thankyou.

We didn't need to be told twice and followed the crowd like sheep to the slaughter, but in fact we were the slaughterhouse staff herding them in. We were led in and unfortunately me and Yukari were split up thanks to me being a part of their air force, so I sat wedged in between their two best pilots as the meeting took place.

Alisa: So, for tomorrow's match we shall be employing one Firefly, one Sherman and eight tanks with 75mm turrets. Now let's decide on the flag tank!

The whole auditorium cheered and they talked amongst themselves for a while before deciding on the Sherman.

Kay: Now that the flag tank is decided, any questions?

I couldn't ask any for obvious reasons but luckily, Yukari decided to ask.

Yukari: What formation will we be using?

Kay: Ahh good question. We can't from squadrons in this match, so 3 tanks will form their own platoon.

Yukari: And what about defending the flag tank?

Kay: Nada!

Y/n: But I heard the enemy has an assault III.

Kay: It'll be fine, our numbers are double theirs.

What worried me was the increasing look of scepticism upon Naomi's face. Oh god she's asking Yukari something.

Naomi: Have I seen you before? State your class and rank!

Yukari simply froze up and looked around, her gaze landing on me with pleading eyes. But I couldn't do anything as to not blow my cover so to avoid capture she ran, dodging multiple attempts to grab her as she scampered from the auditorium. The tankery platoon all gave chase and it was just the air force along with the three upon the stage left.

Kay: Damn spies, probably from Ooarai Academy.

Naomi: Something tells me that there's one amongst you aswell.

She said this while pointing at our group, everyone turning to face each other before all of their gazes landed on me. I was taller than the rest and had broader shoulders so stuck out like a sore thumb.

Naomi: You, state your class and rank.

I did not fret and simply pulled out a notepad and pen, scribbling down the rank of a student I overheard boasting about her promotion outside.

Naomi: Huh, I guess you're not a spy. Although I don't remember having a mute amongst our ranks.

Kay: Oh it's just your paranoia Naomi, leave the poor girl alone. Now then, you're all dismissed while I catch up with some paperwork regarding your planes. Dismissed!

I followed the crowd outside and ended up at their hangars, browsing their arsenal of fighters. Worriedly, I snapped a photo of their fighters and saved it to my gallery. Seeing me on my phone, the leader of their air force approached with a spring in her step.

Elsa: Higha! My name's Elsa. It's nice to meet you....

I quickly typed into my phone and showed her the name.

Elsa: Grace. Very nice name you have Grace. Hiw are you liking it here then.

Once again furiously typing I revealed the message, much to her relief.

Elsa: I'm glad you're enjoying your time here, what with the addition of jets to the sport it really shook things up, but for the better I believe. Say, did you watch the announcement with that cute boy on the stage?

I nodded my head as she continued.

Elsa: I say if he asked me out, I think I might faint from his eyes alone. How they sparkled in the light was mesmerising, especially if you attended the meeting. Even Kay expressed interest in him, it shocked the rest of us when she admitted it.

Y/n: Wait, really?

Oh shit.

Elsa: Did, did you just talk?!

Y/n: Erm....no?

Elsa: YOU'RE A SPY! AND NONE OTHER THAN THE GUY! You sly man, you're coming with me!

Y/n: Oh for fuck's sake, I'm no good at this spying business am I?

Elsa: Not if you slipped up as easily as that, our spy in your school is doing a great job, she hasn't been found yet.

Y/n: Wait really? What's her name?

Elsa: Her name is Samantha. Wait....

Using her confusion to my advantage, I broke away from her grip and ran away, pulling out my phone and dialing Miho. After a few rings she finally picked up.

Miho: Y/n? Where are you?

Y/n: I'm on my way back now, I have intel on their tanks, fighters and a mole in Ooarai.

Miho: A spy?!

Y/n: Yes, her name is Samantha. Have you met her?

Miho: Yeah, I gave her a tour of the tankery shed this morning!

Y/n: Do not let her leave, detain her and wait for me to get back.

Miho: Okay, be safe.

Desperately fumbling to hang up the call, I burst through the iron gates and sprinted onto the same ship I had took before, almost slipping off of the edge in the process. I could see a trail of students stop at the port, shouting at me as we sailed back to the Ooarai carrier. Sighing in relief, I settled  inside another container and drifted off to sleep, watching the sun set below the ocean floor and give rise to plenty of stars and the almighty moon.............