3 | Reasonable conversation

Start from the beginning

I groaned out in frustration. I couldn't even work out in peace.

"I ain't doing shit Lade." I bit out, dropping the dumbbell out of frustration.

"He got 50k plus followers after you showed your pretty face!" Khalid screamed through the speakers. "That's why he all over yo ass."

I rolled my eyes. "Then do a fucking giveaway to get more followers. Count me the fuck out."

Silence ensured for about ten seconds and just when I thought I was about to get back sanity, Lade chose to have a light bulb moment.

"Dude, you're getting some action right. That's why you so headstrong." He yelled.

Seriously? I groaned. He had to be fucking kidding me.

"Who's she?" He continued. "Shorty from the bowling alley?"

Mum had dropped me off at the bowling alley last two weeks, and had disappeared with my cellphone and wallet. I had to stick with these fools till she came back.

"You done?" I asked, picking up the dumbbell, this time, with my left hand.

"Damn! I was going to hit it off with her after at Babe's party tonight. Bro, you a sheep in wolf clothing!"

I let out a stressed breath. Look at someone who has a girlfriend.

Leave it to Lade to be a proud, award winning man-whore.

"You can hit it off all you want. I've even forgotten what she looks like."

Lade let out a whistle. "That quick? Sly bastard. I'ma start learning work from you!"

I rolled my eyes for the tenth time. Someone give this guy a brain.

"No man." Khalid interrupted once more. "That means virgin boy didn't hit her up."

Asshole. "Fuck you Khalid."

"Bro you pretty, but no thanks."

I rolled my eyes. Trust this fool to have waiting comebacks for every jab.

"But she said she was tryna get to know my friend first." Lade thought out loud.

"And she's coming with someone too." He continued. "But you know, that's bullshit. She's just tryna play."

Another five seconds silence.

"Nah bro. She's not playing anything." Khalid interrupted, again. "She's coming with me."

I let out another stressed sigh. This is going to take a while.

"Dude what the fuck!" Lade growled, almost damaging my eardrum. "I fucking told you about her!"

"Sorry. Finders, keepers." Khalid sang out.

See, too much drama.

That was my que to hang up.

After hanging up, I dropped the dumbbell and stood up.

I'd exceeded my time in the gym and mum would be back in an hour. I didn't want her drilling me with her scrutinising eyes if she found me a sweaty mess.

I grabbed a towel and a water bottle, uncapping it, I took a big gulp, then another, until I emptied it. I just needed a cold bath and good food, then I'll be out of mum's list tonight.

Was about to dump the used towel into the hamper when my eyes caught the shirt I wore out two days ago and immediately, what came to my mind was her.

I'd tried to answer one question ever since I dropped her and her brother off, but couldn't.

Why the hell did I let her hitch a ride?