Wattpad Original
Masz jeszcze 6 darmowych części

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Aaron's POV

My phone rang, it was Tayla again. She had been calling me ten times for the past hour. How the hell did she get my personal number?

"Aren't you going to answer that?" my dad, Tristan Latsis, asked. He was driving his new Rolls Royce Sweptail for a road test.

I exhaled heavily then said to him,

"Can you pull over at the side, Dad? I'll just answer this."

"Okay sure."

The moment I got out of the car, I answered my phone.

"Yes, Tayla?"

"Finally! The great motherfucker answered! What the fuck, Aaron. You said you'd call. It's been a week and I haven't heard anything from you. What do you think I am, a fucking disposable machine? You're a user!"

"Hey, as far as I remember, it was the other way around. You came to me so fast, I did not ask for it. But admit it, we had a good time. So let's cut this off. It's pretty clear that we're not compatible."

"Not too fast, asshole. You can't break up with me."

"Actually, there's nothing to break up, Tayla. We don't have a relationship."

"Fuck you, Aaron Latsis, you can't just get rid of me easily."

I hung up my phone and went back to the car.

"What's that all about?" Dad asked the moment I entered the car.

"Just a bad negotiation."

"It always turns bad when you do it inside the bedroom." He smirked and then drove the car.

Jessica's POV

After we had our breakfast, Mrs. Latsis suggested that we should go shopping.

"I don't really need clothes. I have enough already."

"No way. I instructed Kora to buy you designer clothes, instead she went to K-Mart." She eyed my outfit, then said, "Look at you, that sweater is too loose and your pants are oversized. You need proper clothes."

"I... I won't need it. I'll leave as soon as I contact the airline. I'm sure they'll compensate for what happened and shoulder my flight back to Florida."

Mrs. Latsis looked very disappointed. "You can't just leave," she paused and continued in sinking tones, "you're not fully recovered yet. Besides, you lost your memory."

My heart instantly felt so heavy seeing her unhappy with my decision. But I had to leave to find myself.

I forced a smile, to relieve her of her worries, "Yeah, but I can still read and write. I'm young and strong, there are so many jobs that I can do. I will survive."

She nodded then said, "You're so brave, Jessica. No wonder Troy fell so madly in love with you. But dear, we're your family. You belong here with us. You don't have to go back to Florida and work for a living, you can work here in our family business."

"I need to find some answers, and I can do that only by going back to where I came from. I can't just keep on waiting for my memories to come back. What if it takes years?"

"You have a point. But please give us time to bond with you. Stay with us for a month, then after that, you're free to go back to Florida if you still want."

"But..."

"Please, Jessica. That's all I'll ask from you. I miss Troy so badly and having you here with us, I feel like part of him is here too."