Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Jessica's POV

I was not able to sleep well that night. All of Aaron's accusations kept on playing inside my head.

Am I really an evil person? Did I influence Troy and made him so bad?

Aaron must be talking about someone else. I was not that sort of person. I knew it by heart and I could feel it in my bones. I did not like anything to do with drugs, and I would never encourage anyone to be an addict. I also hated gambling and a man who drank too much alcohol. I would never tolerate such vices.

But how come I married a man who was hooked on all these vices?

These rings on my finger and those photos in Troy's room were enough to prove that we really got married.

There was a photo of our wedding. It was on the beach. We looked really happy and in love there. But I wondered why a wedding on the beach? When I felt like I always wanted a church wedding with all my family and close friends present.

I tried to picture Troy in my mind, imagining myself in love with him. But the more I tried to awaken such feelings, the more frustrated I became. I could not force myself, the feeling was not really there. I was suddenly overwhelmed with sadness that I cried so hard that night. How I wished I could remember him.

I thought of my family. I needed them now. At least they could feed me the information that I needed.

I had been wanting to ask Aaron about my family during dinner. It had been a week since the plane accident and yet I had not heard anything from them. I was certain they were worried sick by now. Did they try to contact the Latsises?

But before I could ask Aaron, he was back baiting me again. He was very savage, not considering the fact that I just got out of the hospital. I was still recovering from a trauma, and yet he was trying to give me another one by yelling at me and accusing me of things that I did not have any idea about.

Literally, he just wanted to put me down. I knew one hundred and one percent that he wished I did not survive in the plane crash. His attitude towards me showed that very clearly.

I decided to contact the airline. They could give me my exact address, phone number and some personal details. No doubt they would compensate the surviving passengers and victim's families after that terrible accident. They would arrange my flight easily back home.

The thought of being reunited with my family made me feel so happy. But do I have a family? Well, I'm pretty sure I have one.

Once I knew where I came from and what to do, I would leave New Zealand right away.

The following morning, I went down at eight and found my mother-in-law in the living room, playing piano. She looked so beautiful and confident as she played a Mozart piece expertly. She was so engrossed that she did not notice me entering the room.

I sat down on a padded stool and enjoyed watching and listening to her. After she hit the last note, I clapped my hands gently so as not to surprise her.

"Jessica." Mrs. Latsis's face lit up as she looked at me. She stood up and extended her arms, for me to go to her. "My dear, I'm so glad we finally met."

I went to her and she hugged me so tightly.

"Mrs. Latsis."

She pulled away a little, but still held my arms. "Call me Mother. You became my daughter when you married my son."

My face burned with embarrassment. I felt so shy and intimidated. She was a very classy and elegant beautiful woman. Calling her Mother sounded so strange to me. It was like a household mouse calling a queen's Persian cat her mom.