Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Aaron's POV

"She's here in the mansion, Mr. Latsis," my security, Ari, called to inform me that they had already brought Jessica home.

"Just make sure that she occupies the East Wing."

"Absolutely, sir. That has been taken care of already by the staff."

"Good."

I had to put Jessica at the opposite and farthest end of my quarter. I had to keep her out of my way. The mere sight of her was enough to ruin my day.

Damn that woman, I was nearly convinced of her acting. I realized now that she was great in that category. The moment I saw her at the hospital yesterday, my heart melted instantly. She looked like a wounded angel sitting there on her bed and for a minute, I forgot what a gold digger she was.

I had to keep my guard. A woman like her knew how to use her feminine wiles to get what she wanted, and that was money.

I remembered talking to her for the first time on the phone.

"Hello, Aaron? This is Jessica."

"Jessica?"

"Your sister-in-law." There was a pause, then she continued," Listen, we need money, ASAP. Troy is having trouble again with the police."

"That's the second time this month."

"Yeah," she admitted.

"He's on drugs again?" When she did not answer, I continued, "What the hell has he been doing the whole time, snorting cocaine? Where is he? Get him on the phone."

"He doesn't want to talk to you, he's... he's feeling so down right now."

"The fuck! I'm not sending money anymore. This should stop him and you! You're not helping him. You're tolerating his addiction!"

"Don't blame me! He was already hooked on drugs when I met him. If there's anyone to blame here, it's your parents. They adored you like a king, while Troy being the youngest was neglected!"

"Be careful of what you're saying, I don't tolerate people saying bad things about my parents."

"Who cares? I can say whatever I want. You don't scare me. All we want is money. We need it now!"

"Welcome to planet earth, Jessica. People work here in order to earn money. So, if you really need it, find a job."

"You asshole! We don't need a job, only Troy's trust fund. You have no right to deprive him of his own money."

"Nice vocabulary." My tongue clicked disapprovingly. "Believe me. I have every right to safeguard his money. Sorry to disappoint you, he won't get it until he's twenty five."

"That's two years more!"

"I already sent you a hundred thousand dollars last month, it's more than enough for two in a year."

"It was not enough. We've been to different countries in Asia. You know him, he can't stand being in the same place for a week."

"Where are you now?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Jessica!"

"I know what you're trying to do. Once you get hold of him, you'll send him to rehab. You'll only make him feel worse."

"It's for his own good, and yours too."

"No."

"Come on, tell me where you are now."

"If I tell you, will you promise to send us the money? We need another hundred thousand dollars, Aaron. Please... we really need it." I could sense her desperation from the tone of her voice.

"Okay, I will," I agreed.

After our conversation, I made a bank transfer to Troy's savings account using my phone.

But Jessica outsmarted me. I was stupid to let my guard down. I should have known. An evil witch would never comply with a deal.

__

At six in the evening I went home feeling exhausted. Emotionally, I felt so drained after the argument in the board meeting. We lost an important deal and the board were saddened and then started to blame each other. It was chaos when the shouting started.

I was standing outside the main door of the mansion when I heard the beautiful mellow sound of a piano. The sweet music instantly uplifted my spirit, making me feel alive and forgetting the bad incident in the office.

I thought Mom and Dad would be home on Sunday.

I smiled at the thought of Mom playing the piano. I liked the piano piece that she was playing at that moment, it was very soothing and relaxing to the ears. It was "Through The Eyes of Love," the theme of the movie Ice Castle.

Mom was once the best pianist in the world. She entered many competitions playing masterpieces by Chopin, Beethoven, Mozart and many more. Unfortunately, none of her children were interested in playing the piano. Despite all her efforts to teach us, no one really learned.

The door was opened by our middle-aged butler, Morris, and the rich beautiful sound of music engulfed me.

"Good evening, sir. How's your day?"

"Not so good, Morris. But I feel like it's going to improve this evening." I smiled back and gave him my blazer and briefcase.

"I'm sure of that, sir."

I was enjoying the sound so much that I couldn't help but keep smiling. All the problems, anger and tiredness of the day instantly dissolved.

I advanced to the living room, where the music was coming from. Mom's face was hidden behind the top board of the black Steinway & Sons grand piano, so I went nearer to her.

Suddenly, I stopped when I had the full view of the person behind the piano. Then slowly, I turned around before she would notice me.

It was not Mom playing the piano. It was Jessica.