Cracks in our Foundations.

Not proofread/edited. Sorry. Enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear future Us,

So today I was thinking of everything that made our relationship as strong as it is. One thing that stood out was our fights, arguments and disagreements.

Why? Because evey fight, argument, disagreement, and even the petty little disputes, cracked our foundations and made us see the fragility of us. So with every make up, filled in the cracks and added and extra layer to our foundations.

I think our biggest fight had to be that one that lasted a whole week.

It all started on Tuesday morning. We had now been together just about two years. It was coming up to my birthday. Seven days to be exact. That morning, like always, you came over and let yourself in and sat in my kitchen and ate my cereal before making me some breakfast and taking it upstairs and waking me up.

You would think my parents would freak out at the fact you just waltzed over and opened the door before coming and eating our good, right? Wrong. My parents even encouraged it strangely enough.

Anyway that morning you did your usual routine before coming upstairs and gently awoke me.

"Hi" I remember you spoke softly to me like you do some mornings in comparison to some mornings when you sang with your voice that is impeccably beautiful, that's if you have a thing for strangled cat noises. I replied with some incoherent mumbling response before shuffling over and sitting up as you slide into the bed next to me. I don't remember our exact words but we talked about my birthday. I didn't want a party so we had agreed just to hang out and watch movies together instead.

Thinking about that you think, why did they end up arguing then everything seems normal? Everything was normal until you asked me a question that for some reason caused the biggest and most certainly the stupidest idea in the book. You asked me "what do you want for your birthday?".

Now what was such a big deal about that?

The big deal is I didn't want anything, all I wanted was you and I had you.

But no you persisted for me to give you a few ideas but I refused. I ended up yelling at you and getting upset for no reason. I remember I dumped the last of my orange juice from the breakfast on your head and screaming at you to get out. You did, but the heartbroken look on your face shattered my heart.

I remember collapsing in a sobbing mess. I missed school that day, but I went back the next day but I avoided you and you avoided me. It was painful and disorienting to be alone with our you.

We didn't speak for the whole week. Even on my birthday, all morning and well into the afternoon I never saw you.

At 6:30 though, there was a knock at the door. I dragged my butt from my room. Hair in a messy bun, no make up on and a pair of baggy cottons and a old plain black top of yours.

I opened the door and there you stood. I inhaled a sharp breath of air. You had the hugest bouquet of white daisies I've ever in your hand.

"I'm sorry" is all you said. You didn't need to say anything else I completely understood.

"I'm sorry too", I replied, my voice breaking. I jumped at you and wrapped my legs round your waist and my arms round your neck clinging to you, like my life depended on it.

That week without you left me feeling empty. I felt like part of me was missing. How do you think I feel now?

It's been three months and even though I can see you. I can tell you now. The pain the ten thousand times worse.

So as ever my beautiful, unbelievable love, return to me.

Isla xXxX

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took so long.

Longer chapter?! :D

I've been thinking about this book and a lot of this doesn't quite match up which sucks. What I'm going to do at some point is redraft and edit this whole book to make it make sense. I don't know when I can do this but I will.

Currently about the only time I have to write is on the bus, in the car and in bed. So if I have the time and inspiration I will try update.

Thank you all.

At the top is a pic of Jackson ;).
And the song is Foundations by Kate Nash the inspiration in the chapter and title.