♧ Chapter〖17〗| Friend or Foe ♧

"When terrible things happen, my mother always said 'Find what's good in it.'" Hester puffed, as she sprinted past a petrified Castor and Beezle through Mischief Hall.

"When terrible things happen, my daddy always said 'Eat.'" Dot said, panting hard.

"Must be nice to have parents, huh," Lyra deadpanned.

They turned into a corner only to slam into Mona and Arachne.

"What's happening?" Mona cried.

"Go to you room!" Hester bellowed. "Don't come out!"

Mona and Arachne fled inside their room and locked their doors.

As Hester, Lyra and Dot ran down the stairs, they saw Hort, Ravan and Vex coming up.

"Go to your room! Don't come out!" Dot yelled.

The boys merely blinked at her.

"Now!" Hester barked and the boys scurried away.

"It only works when Hester does it," Dot pouted. "Suppose I end up a Henchman next year—"

"Isn't Colten in charge of making sure the boys are in their rooms?" Hester chided. "I knew we shouldn't have trusted him."

"Come on," Lyra reasoned. "There's three of us in charge of girls and only one of him for the boys. We should cut him some slack."

Hester merely rolled her eyes in response, as they continued barking scared Nevers back into their rooms.

"You know, with the ways things are going, you wouldn't even think there'd be a school left for us to go," Lyra stated as she watched students scramble to their rooms, faces as pale as snow.

"I can think of one good thing," Dot piped. "No homework!"

Lyra and Hester stared at her.

"What? Is it just me?" asked Dot.

The two witches looked away, deciding not to answer. All of sudden, Hester stopped in her tracks, eyes as wide as saucers. "Guys, we can't do this."

"What do you mean?" Lyra and Dot asked at the same time, both stopping as well.

"We're first years!" Hester fretted, as if realization had suddenly dawned on her. "We're not prepared for a real witch!"

Lyra wanted to say something to comfort her, but there was nothing to say.

Hester was right.

"It's Sophie," said Dot. "The girl who likes perfume and pink. We just need to calm her down."

For some reason, Dot's statement made Lyra feel a lot better, and Hester seemed to feel the same way too. Despite all of this craziness, Sophie was still Sophie.

She's just heartbroken right now and driven out of desperation. Perhaps there was still something deep down inside the witch worth saving.

Hester cracked a smile at Dot. "You know, sometimes we don't give you enough credit."

"Yeah. I'm glad you're back in the coven, Dot." Lyra gave Dot a friendly pat on the shoulder.

Dot blushed at their responses. "Come on. Maybe Anadil found her."

After all the Nevers had safely arrived back at the School for Evil, Anadil was immediately sent to look for the amok witch.

Lyra desperately hoped Anadil would find Sophie but at the same time, she was a little worried for her friend. After all, the last time they saw Sophie, she was trying to kill everyone.