𝟏𝟗 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐮𝐛 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

All I have left from him for all these years we've spent together is a tattoo carved into my skin, reminding me every damn time I look at it for all the bad and happy moments we shared.

But here right now, everything feels different.

I can't believe that sitting in front of a fountain in Italy, eating ice cream with Alexander is bringing such joy to my heart but here it is. Everything he does makes me smile, even when I try to be mad at him, he knows how to get under my skin and uses this advantage in the right way. I have to admit I have a weak spot for Alexander.

And I like that.

His phone vibrated, bringing me back to reality. I don't even know for how long I was staring at the fountain, thinking about the man next to me. He sighed deeply, looking at his phone, but before I could see well, he put the phone back in his pocket, ignoring the person who's looking for him. I saw that it's text and I have a very good idea who's it from, and that made my blood boil for some reason.

"Problems with your wife?" I asked, licking my ice cream, raising one eyebrow, trying to hide my jealousy.

How the fuck I'm jealous of a man who's not even mine???? I'm such a horrible person. God, I'm sorry, please forgive me.

He pursed his lips in a straight line before nodding and turning his face to me without talking, instantly making me blush. Since when a single look is making me blush??

"Do you want to talk about it?" I suggested, studying his face. "I'm a good listener" I leaned one hand on the bench, turning to him completely. Our knees touch and even this small insignificant touch makes my body shiver. Damn, I'm seriously fucked.

"Talk with the girl I'm fucking behind my wife's back about the problems in our marriage?" He asked with a slight sneer in his voice. "Ironically, don't you think?"

"So you wouldn't fuck me if everything was okay between you and her?" I replied slowly, hoping I didn't get it right.

But he took a deep breath, thinking a couple of seconds before nodding and laughing under his nose, melting and crushing my body at the same time.

I swallowed hard, trying not to show how much I'm affected by his response. I mean why I am so stupid? Of course, he wouldn't cheat on her if everything was fine between them. After all, I'm just a girl. Younger than him.

"Then why are you still with her, Alexander?" I asked, and he rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed by my question ''And don't tell me it's because you love her. "

"But I love her" he confirmed, causing my heart to stop for a second as I heard these words.

"But I'm not sure if I'm in love with her anymore."

After saying these words, he looked at me and instantly I froze in one place, having no control over my fucking body. I couldn't move or speak as I stared back into these beautiful eyes. There's a spark in them, they're trying to tell me something. He's trying to tell me something he's too afraid to say out loud.

And maybe I'm too afraid to hear the truth.

"A lot has changed in the last month." His eyes never left mine as he said these words.

Everything has changed since I saw you.

I wanted to tell him this, I wanted him to know the truth, but the words didn't leave my mouth, as if something was stuck there. Keeping my feelings a secret, buried deep inside me.