11. It's corny. - Nick

Start from the beginning

Hot breath near my ear has me groaning. "Want to go swimming with me?" Sierra kisses me again, her smooth lips making my head spin.

"Swimming?" I gasp, breaking apart. "We don't have our swimsuits."

A fat marshmallow thwacks the back of my head, and I glance over my shoulder as everyone cracks up.

"Hey!" Sierra cackles, jumping to her feet and hurling marshmallows back at our friends before yanking on my wrists to haul me off the blanket.

"Holy shit, you're strong!" Andy says, eyes wide.

"I know," I say, grinning. "I think it's so hot."

"Oh, totally—I like girls with some meat and muscle, too."

"Yeah, baby!" Natalia says, pointing at her. "I need to get my ass to the gym!"

"I like your ass how it is, Nat," Mateo says. Natalia is 5'8" and lithe, built how I imagine a ballerina. "Throwing you around is fun."

"Yeah, pretty sure my ass would be dumped if I weighed what Sierra did," Lauren pipes up.

Uhhh, what was that?

I bristle and open my mouth while taking a step toward my cousin. "Did you just—what the hell, Lo?"

In the past few months, Lauren's worst traits repeatedly reared their ugly heads. Since she's only my cousin, it's easy to dismiss some of her spoiled tendencies, but expressing an unwarranted, unsolicited opinion on my amazing girl isn't something I'll ignore.

Before I can get more out, an unlikely voice slices through the tension. "What the fuck do you mean by that?" Lizzie snaps, glaring at her, then glancing back at Sierra.

Ooh, I sorta want to see where this goes. Lizzie is pint-sized and sweet, but evidenced by her narrowed eyes, I misjudged her fiery side.

"Yeah," Zane says, eyebrows drawn together. "That sounded horrible."

Lauren stutters over her words, covering her mouth. "Oh, it did. I'm so sorry, Sierra!"

Brazen and badass, Sierra whirls around and tugs my arm. "Well, look away, Lauren, because I'm taking my 160-pound ass to the lake!"

A smile tugs at Brian's mouth and Lizzie bursts out laughing. Lauren's mouth drops open while Sierra purses her lips, tugging at her top. "Coming, Nick?"

"Hell yeah!" I mirror her actions; dumping my t-shirt on the blanket before reaching for the waistband of my shorts. I shamelessly run my gaze up her toned legs and tanned stomach, admiring that perfect-to-me body highlighted by her royal blue lingerie.

Z and Lizzie seem intent on joining us while standing and start stripping down. Biting her lip, Sierra reaches for my hand and we race to the water's edge, discarding our towels where dry sand meets wet, hopping around littered pieces of wood and rocks. "Are you ready?" I ask, gripping her hand.

"No!" she squeals as water laps at our legs.

We plunge into the freezing water headfirst once we're past our hips, shrieking as we come up for air. I tug my boxers up and duck back under, pressing my feet against the sandy surface of the ground to propel myself toward her.

Strong limbs wrap around my waist and neck as I draw her in and kiss her fiercely. I feel weightless under the pull of the water and in Sierra's embrace. The place I feel safest in the world.

"Hey," I breathe out as we break apart. Choppy waves bob around our shoulders as we become numb to the chill. "What exactly happened back there—was that intentional?"

Hesitancy gleams in her eyes. "Honestly? Yeah. Things between us have gotten awful."

"She's threatened about your friendship with Brian and my least favorite cousin. But you," I say, drawing my nose over her cheek. "You're my favorite person ever. Perfect and beautiful."

"Such a simp," she teases, kissing the corner of my mouth.

"For you? Absolutely." I shiver as she runs her hands down my neck and shoulders, the cool water swirling around her fingertips. "In fact, let me reveal a secret to you,"

Her voice is like honey, and she trails her lower lip against mine, curling her tongue underneath my Cupid's bow. "Tell me all your secrets, baby."

Cool temperatures combined with a hot girlfriend sends a shiver down my spine. The water splashes while I playfully twirl us in a circle. "I want to kiss you hard. Touch you everywhere. Lay down somewhere private and warm, and make love to you for hours."

Her eyes sparkle like stars. "Maybe we should head to bed?"

"I need you to be honest with me. I am saying something to Lauren but I want your opinion on what message you want sent."

The little dimple in her chin creases as she lightly giggles. "We know some guys who could put a horse head in her bed á la The Godfather."

I laugh with her. "Pena boys? Mike?"

"Imagine the three of them joining forces and Luke hovering nearby, wondering if it was the best idea."

More people are moving around the fire like they plan to join us, and I spin Sierra around so her back faces them. "Well, let me clear a few things up if you doubted. Number one, I love you madly, and you should always come first."

"Title of your sex tape."

There's a laugh in my voice as I continue. "I fully expect crocodile tears when I talk to Lauren, but I'm not falling for it. Two, I love how you look. A whole fricking lot."

1) What's B going to say?