1.1

The 21st of September 2020

Harry's POV

"I swear I felt my heart stop, I'm so happy for you guys!" Emma squeals into the phone before I get the chance to greet her.

"Well hello to you too Em," I inquire and she apologizes before giving a proper greeting. We talk about our days before I change the call to a video call and Lou and I tell our story.

"Hey Em, so, we wanted to tell you our full story since our close friends and family know. You're part of that category of people, so it's only right to tell you," Lou explains. It's quiet before she says something again.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't really want to. Please don't feel obligated to," she speaks up and protests.

"We want to, so we're going to tell you. End of discussion," Lou concludes and she lets out a sigh before telling us to start whenever we're ready. I start and Louis says he'll jump in whenever.

"It started on a holiday we both happened to take. Then we were both at the battle of the bands, that's when chemistry erupted. That's where we kissed for the first time, it was completely coincidental, and we didn't expect it. It was kind of a heat of the moment kinda thing. It would be even more of a scandal if we confirmed we knew each other beforehand. Anyway, we then met again at that Skript concert and recognized each other from the holiday spent around each other and exchanged numbers since we'd seen each other again. We didn't know that either was going to the concert, we didn't really keep in contact, we hung out a few times but nothing really came out of it.

Then we met again in the x-factor loos. That was when the infamous 'Oops Hi' moment took place. It was the first words that solidified whatever we had going on at the time. It was like a confirmation that we were supposed to be in each other's lives. If that wasn't confirmation enough, being put into the same band sealed the deal. He knew I'd make it big because he'd heard me sing before first hand. I knew he'd make it too, so we were both right, but we had no idea what was coming our way. We were the only two that remotely knew each other and we were somewhat close from boot camp, so when Lou jumped into my arms we didn't think anything of it. We were allowed to be ourselves and we were.

We took the time to our advantage, and we should've cherished it while we had it. We slowly grew closer and closer and eventually, feelings prospered. We both considered each other best friends, but soon the tension became so obvious we eventually took it upon ourselves and took it further. We confessed our feelings and that's where it really started. No one was stopping us from being who we were, so we didn't really make it discreet at the beginning. Once we signed that contract everything changed. We weren't allowed to interview together alone, and we weren't allowed to publicly show our feelings. Everything was blocked off," I take a breath and Lou picks up where I left off.

"This only got worse as time went on and we fell for each other more and more. Us moving in together had nothing to do with your brother's age, it was just what we wanted," Lou started, but Emma interrupted.

"I fucking knew it! I knew it was complete bull when you said he was too young to live alone. He was the same age as Ni and Li there was no way that was the reason," she claims. She wasn't wrong, but that was the narrative given to the general public and fans.

"Right, he was old enough to live alone. Living together brought us closer and closer. We hid our relationship for years before I gave him a promise ring. Then we started getting beards and it just kept evolving from there. The more we fell for each other, the more it was hidden. We had a civil ceremony back in 2013, a very important day for us. It bound us legally until we could marry each other legally. Things got rough, there was doubt, but we stuck through it. So many people supported us and caught onto the lies and that helped us keep going. Yeah, we had people breathing down our necks telling us otherwise, but we got through it.